House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

#101MrcTOtheJPosted 4/2/2012 6:30:30 PMmessage detail
This helps allot man, I'll have to try these tricks out my self.

Never thought I'd say this, but the moveing thing's around in Oblivion, and FO3/NV was allot eaiser.
---
They're a multinational corporation, not a pissed-off teenager-pauljc1
Official Shotgun Diplomat of the Mass Effect 3 boards.
#102madmoz06Posted 4/4/2012 8:03:53 PMmessage detail
Been having trouble getting the golden claw and the jewelled two coloured statue of dibella (the one you get early from riften in the thieves guild quest) to stay put anywhere in breezehome.

Won't mind if they gave uf fixed 'sticky' points on the tables and shelves... a bit like fable 3 perhaps?
#103masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2012 8:08:44 AMmessage detail
Haelga's Dibella Statue is a trouble item - it will always move or fall off a shelf whenever you re-enter the cell. Best not to even mess with it.

The Golden Claw might also be a trouble item - in most cases items that behave this way are ones that pass from your inventory into someone else's before being put back into the material world (i.e. you find it, give to Lucan Valerius, and then he puts it on display on his counter).
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#104ConnorGNPosted 4/11/2012 3:29:06 PMmessage detail
Filling up a kettle or basket with gems bugs out the collision physics and causes for long loading times when reentering the house. I found the more I drop, the worse the lag becomes as the physics collision starts bugging out, as well as a really long load when I reenter the house after dropping all the stuff. I first tried collecting gems in a kettle but after a while decided to just drop them in a pile on the floor because of the lag and the subsequent long load. It still takes forever to load thanks to the Plunder's Profit, but for me it is worth it. Just staring at that huge pile of gems and wondering how much it's worth ...
#105nolincPosted 4/30/2012 9:53:17 AMmessage detail(edited)
I've been having problems with dagger display chests (for sure the ones in Hjerm, possibly others), and come to think of it, the mannequins in Hjerm as well. Any way you can think/know of that can reset them/get them to work again?

Also, for me at least, the Ebony Blade won't stay on a weapon rack.

Oh, and bookshelves. Are they still screwed over because of the one patch? Cause I have a lot of bookshelves that cannot be activated.
---
TWSSted Mudcrab http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEhfpkTZKJY
#106masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 2:13:45 PMmessage detail(edited)
Eh, sorry nolinc, but I'm not very familiar with those issues; I only recently found out what the problem was with the two dagger cases in the Hjerim master bedroom (I'm playing unpatched, as any respectable necromancer should), but fortunately I noticed the problem right away and reloaded before it became permanent.

EDIT though I'm pretty sure that your problem with the Ebony Blade is universal - I seem to recall the wiki entry mentioning even that it will never stay on a rack. If you don't use it very often, you might try hand-placing it on a shelf or something, though if it refuses to stay on a rack it might end up being a trouble item like Haelga's statue or the Gray Fox bust.

---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#107nolincPosted 4/30/2012 9:14:30 PMmessage detail(edited)
EDIT though I'm pretty sure that your problem with the Ebony Blade is universal - I seem to recall the wiki entry mentioning even that it will never stay on a rack. If you don't use it very often, you might try hand-placing it on a shelf or something, though if it refuses to stay on a rack it might end up being a trouble item like Haelga's statue or the Gray Fox bust.

Eh, I just threw it in a chest after it kept falling on the floor.
<_<
And I'll try to remove the patches when I start seriously using my necromancer. I want to just finish doing things in general with my argonian and then use my orc and cut down everything in my way. He likes to kill...

Shame about the dagger cases, but I've decided to switch over to Proudspire at least so I shouldn't have to worry about those.
---
TWSSted Mudcrab http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEhfpkTZKJY
#108bigdezzy904Posted 5/2/2012 1:07:52 PMmessage detail
T.R.UUUUUUUUU 2 CChhaaainnnnzzzz
#109Kayne0000Posted 5/13/2012 9:24:51 PMmessage detail
I have my Staff of Magnus sitting in a weapon plaque in my Riften house and I've never had a problem with it. It may be what's causing my extra two seconds of loading whenever I enter the house, but it still works fine and is fully functional. Are people still having problems with it?
#110tsunamizeroPosted 5/14/2012 10:13:12 AMmessage detail
Kayne0000 posted...
I have my Staff of Magnus sitting in a weapon plaque in my Riften house and I've never had a problem with it. It may be what's causing my extra two seconds of loading whenever I enter the house, but it still works fine and is fully functional. Are people still having problems with it?

You know that sort of whoosh-y sound you get when you draw an enchanted weapon? Well, said weapons on display racks still have that effect, so when you load the cell it's like drawing all of them at once so it lags something fierce. You can even hear them all fire off at once. It's actually a pretty cool sound to hear so many layers of.

I've never had a problem with the Staff of Magnus and it's been sitting in Hjerim since before patch 1.2. I didn't even know about the glitch until I read it in this topic. Though IO did have Ghostblade fall through the wall on me and now the plaque doesn't function at all.
Go figure.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02