House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

#131DarkSeraphMPosted 9/2/2012 12:47:57 PMmessage detail
svstoned posted...
I quickly read trough this guide to find out if i was the only one having the glitch that makes me grab stuff at the bottom

You're not the only one. Seems to have happened with a recent patch, and it has made the previously-challenging pastime of decorating into a nigh-impossible task. I'm still able to place things, it just takes a lot more care and some tricky dragging. I hope they fix this either with HF or a forthcoming patch.
---
You abandoned your friend to die. He calls for you, while the children spread out his heart to the skies.
#132tsunamizeroPosted 9/6/2012 10:19:38 AMmessage detail
Figured I'd put this here for permanency's sake.

Hearthfire did NOT fix the stupid "grab at the bottom" bug.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02
#133dovvydragonPosted 9/6/2012 5:34:41 PMmessage detail
I had no idea this was possible, you are my hero! I love you! Thanks!
#134Foreman22Posted 9/8/2012 12:58:24 PMmessage detail
Say you moved everything you have collected into your new home. Then you decide to re-design it. Would all your stored items disappear for good? Or would they show back up in the re-designed house?
#135DarkSeraphMPosted 9/8/2012 6:16:09 PMmessage detail
Foreman22 posted...
Say you moved everything you have collected into your new home. Then you decide to re-design it. Would all your stored items disappear for good? Or would they show back up in the re-designed house?

Unfortunately there is no re-designing. Save for changing the "Small House" into the "Entryway" for the Main Hall later, once something's built, it's built. In that one instance, items in containers stay behind. Not sure about items just dropped and placed.
---
With roaring Tongues, the Sky-Children conquer/ Founding the First Empire with Sword and Voice/ While the Dragons withdrew from this World...
#136Mr_PopelPosted 9/9/2012 5:41:11 AMmessage detail
I just have one question. Theres a large weapon rack in my Solitude house (cellar) that has 5 available slots ... i want to place a Daedric Greataxe in the center and 2 daedric Greatswords on each side ... the game only lets me place items in 3 of the slots ... seems like the weapons are kind of clipping into the slot next to them making me unable to activate that slot.

Any suggestions?
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#137DarkSeraphMPosted 9/9/2012 11:26:44 AMmessage detail
Mr_Popel posted...
I just have one question. Theres a large weapon rack in my Solitude house (cellar) that has 5 available slots ... i want to place a Daedric Greataxe in the center and 2 daedric Greatswords on each side ... the game only lets me place items in 3 of the slots ... seems like the weapons are kind of clipping into the slot next to them making me unable to activate that slot.

Any suggestions?

This is just a guess but have you tried placing the 4 Greatswords first, leaving the center spot blank for the Battleaxe last? If it's the size of the Battleaxe causing problems, this might let you get around them.

As I'm typing this I seem to remember one of the 5 original player houses has a 5-slot weapon rack that only lets you use 3 slots. Not sure if I'm making this up, though.
---
With roaring Tongues, the Sky-Children conquer/ Founding the First Empire with Sword and Voice/ While the Dragons withdrew from this World...
#138tsunamizeroPosted 9/9/2012 11:52:35 AMmessage detail
DarkSeraph351 posted...
Mr_Popel posted...

Any suggestions?

This is just a guess but have you tried placing the 4 Greatswords first, leaving the center spot blank for the Battleaxe last? If it's the size of the Battleaxe causing problems, this might let you get around them.

As I'm typing this I seem to remember one of the 5 original player houses has a 5-slot weapon rack that only lets you use 3 slots. Not sure if I'm making this up, though.

No, you're right. I've had that problem with the weapon racks in the Solitude home.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02
#139masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 5:27:18 AMmessage detail
Mr_Popel posted...

Any suggestions?

I'm fairly confident that one of the patches fixed this (which is a problem specific to the Proudspire cellar rack) - never could get the outside slots to work unpatched, but post-1.5 all five worked fine.

If you are still running into clipping problems, I think you need to place weapons left to right (had that problem in Hjerim / Dawnstar Sanctuary when placing bows).
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#140Mr_PopelPosted 9/10/2012 7:01:28 AMmessage detail
Thx , ill try from left to right now ... it seems like the greatswords do block my access to the adjacent slots to some extent too ... maybe its just not possible to place that weapon combination on that specific rack ...
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D