House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

#171White_OpsPosted 2/5/2013 3:13:36 PMmessage detail
boobs are awesome
#172masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 3:59:57 PMmessage detail
White_Ops posted...
boobs are awesome

You have no business posting facts on this website.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#173DavidBanal91Posted 2/12/2013 1:20:15 AMmessage detail
im at whiterun, i like the house
#174BirdRobot7553Posted 2/15/2013 10:46:26 AMmessage detail
I spent hours doing this in Morrowind, in Seyda Neen. It was easier then. I have managed to get quite a bit done in Skyrim though.
#175VanderolPosted 2/19/2013 1:31:38 AMmessage detail
Was the (mis)behaviour of some items somehow patched?
I felt daring and put some unique weapons (Dawnbreaker and Harkon's sword) on Hearthfire plaques and they haven't fallen off yet, nor did they move or grow into the wall.

I didn't experience the mannequin dupe glitch thus far, either.
#176DarkSeraphMPosted 2/21/2013 8:26:09 AMmessage detail
Vanderol posted...
Was the (mis)behaviour of some items somehow patched?
I felt daring and put some unique weapons (Dawnbreaker and Harkon's sword) on Hearthfire plaques and they haven't fallen off yet, nor did they move or grow into the wall.

I didn't experience the mannequin dupe glitch thus far, either.

Not that I know of. Personally I have never experienced any item misbehavior with plaques; for me it's the racks that mess up. All four items in the racks in my Lakeview entryway are irretrievable. Luckily it's stuff I would never want to use. And the mannequin dupe glitch still works for me. The other day I took my Ancient Falmer Armor off one of the mannequins in my Armory to give to Faendal. I didn't even leave the room before it was back; I just turned around to put something else on the mannequin and the armor was there.
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#177masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 11:49:49 AMmessage detail
The Hearthfire mannequins dupe generic armor - I too have duped Ancient Falmer Armor, but could not dupe unique items like Gilded Wristguards and the Jagged Crown. Downside is that these mannequins will destroy any self-made enchantments and smithing boosts on generic armor, so don't place any such apparel on them for display (unique relics / apparel like say, Yngol's Helm are unaffected).

Haven't actually tried duping on vanilla-house mannequins post-patch.

I've never had problems with any plaques or racks in general, just specific items. Deathbrand's twin scimitars are painfully buggy for decoration, for example.

One problem people might be running into with weapon racks is that they will sometimes not work if other self-placed items are touching them or are close enough to cause a glitch; move or pick up any items around the plaques and see if that helps.
---
#178VanderolPosted 2/22/2013 12:29:22 AMmessage detail
Ah, I see. So it was rather misinformation than patching. And one of the mannequins has started to produce Carved Nordic armour already, i had just been hopeful because I could take off the Ebony Mail once without triggering the glitch. >__>"

At least I hadn't equipped a shield to said mannequin yet, for I want to have as many unique shields as possible on display. I like to watch my collection grow. <3

*still needs a Dibella statue and amulet for the bedroom*
#179masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 8:01:35 AMmessage detail
Vanderol posted...
*still needs a Dibella statue and amulet for the bedroom*

The former can be found (respawning, i.e. infinite copies) at both Riftweald Manor and Brinewater Grotto. I'm pretty sure there's a fixed location somewhere for a Dibella Amulet (check the wiki); barring that, pickpocket one off Haelga with Perfect Touch and fence it, or try buying one at Radiant Raiments.
---
#180VanderolPosted 2/27/2013 6:48:45 AMmessage detail
masterpug53 posted...
The former can be found (respawning, i.e. infinite copies) at both Riftweald Manor and Brinewater Grotto. I'm pretty sure there's a fixed location somewhere for a Dibella Amulet (check the wiki); barring that, pickpocket one off Haelga with Perfect Touch and fence it, or try buying one at Radiant Raiments.

I know, I know, I was just making a mental note. Decorating has become a regular work in progress throughout all my recent playthroughs. This topic is sort of my Skryim edition of an Ikea catalogue now. >__>"

The information and help is still appreciated though. =)

And I never realized what an appropriate spot for a Dibella "shrine" I had right next to the Hearthfire main hall master bed. I placed a statue on the shelf between the two candles, laid some flowers on each side, filled the small display case with flowers (I never know what to put in them anyway), placed the amulet in front of the display case an some lavender next to it and voilą. I might add some gems in the future.