House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home
Sticky requested.

I haven't been decorating as much as in Oblivion, mainly due to the fact the grab/move function is so broken in comparison to Oblivion. The only decoration I've done so far is placing a human skull on my safe in Proudspire Manor (Solitude), and damn, did that take some time to get it the way I wanted it.

Great topic, btw.
---
There's so much crying on these boards they should call it GamefaQQs.
3 years ago#42
apples1671 posted...
I dislike the new layout of gamefaqs. My sig no longer makes sense.
bump

It was already a chore trying to get people to use the 'Search' function. Now it's at the bottom of the damn page. I logged in today and thought I had been modded into oblivion for something and lost my Search privileges.
---
Do not provoke us with the bonegleam shining from your broken bodies. It is a transgression against the night!
3 years ago#43
Thanks for this. Sticky requested.
---
Yang: My papa always taught me that you could solve any problem in life by throwing a barrel at it.
Edward: Your father was Donkey Kong?
3 years ago#44
Why would this be a sticky? It's kind of a stupid topic. This is a game of killing dragons and making weapons, and house decorating isn't even a tertiary priority.
---
The official M'aiq of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
3 years ago#45
Great topic! I'm afraid to use the weapon plaques though, Nettlebane disappeared from the single plaque on the top floor of Breezehome. The plaque in question also became unusable until I clicked it a few times. =/
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA
3 years ago#46
nucshadow posted...
I almost gave up... u wouldn't believe how frustrated i've been tryin to properly place my troll skulls...

Yes...yes I would ;-)

Best part with troll / human skulls is that even if you do manage to get them close-mouthed and relatively symmetrical (provided you're stacking multiples next to each other), the collision physics will eventually work them open and apart with repeated entrances / exits to the cell. Very few things are more frustrating to decorate with than skulls.

You might try either putting the back of the troll skull's head against a wall, or putting something underneath the back of it so it doesn't work its way open...if that's the problem you're having.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
3 years ago#47
I'm definately going to try some of these tricks and see if they'll work out. I am plain sick of finding everything back on the floor after leaving and coming back. That ring trick sounds very useful, fine tuning is always the worst part.

Oddly enough, I bought Proudspire Manor today and set the Shield of Solitude up on a shelf and it stayed there even on the first try. Left the house, came back, was still in the exact spot I put it in. I don't know if it was a fluke or if the fact that I dropped the item, then my Housecarl picked it up and gave it back to me (<.<) and I placed it a second time made a difference.
---
Master of Electricity
3 years ago#48
masterpug53 posted...
nucshadow posted...
I almost gave up... u wouldn't believe how frustrated i've been tryin to properly place my troll skulls...

Yes...yes I would ;-)

Best part with troll / human skulls is that even if you do manage to get them close-mouthed and relatively symmetrical (provided you're stacking multiples next to each other), the collision physics will eventually work them open and apart with repeated entrances / exits to the cell. Very few things are more frustrating to decorate with than skulls.

You might try either putting the back of the troll skull's head against a wall, or putting something underneath the back of it so it doesn't work its way open...if that's the problem you're having.

Put some thing behind it, good insight :)
Sticky requested, pug!
---
"Every soul shall taste death" - Altair Ibn-La'Ahad
3 years ago#50
Bump.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.