House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

#41Death_StalkingPosted 1/24/2012 3:32:42 PMmessage detail
Sticky requested.

I haven't been decorating as much as in Oblivion, mainly due to the fact the grab/move function is so broken in comparison to Oblivion. The only decoration I've done so far is placing a human skull on my safe in Proudspire Manor (Solitude), and damn, did that take some time to get it the way I wanted it.

Great topic, btw.
---
There's so much crying on these boards they should call it GamefaQQs.
#42DarkSeraphMPosted 1/24/2012 3:34:52 PMmessage detail
apples1671 posted...
I dislike the new layout of gamefaqs. My sig no longer makes sense.
bump

It was already a chore trying to get people to use the 'Search' function. Now it's at the bottom of the damn page. I logged in today and thought I had been modded into oblivion for something and lost my Search privileges.
---
Do not provoke us with the bonegleam shining from your broken bodies. It is a transgression against the night!
#43StrombadaPosted 1/24/2012 3:35:19 PMmessage detail
Thanks for this. Sticky requested.
---
Yang: My papa always taught me that you could solve any problem in life by throwing a barrel at it.
Edward: Your father was Donkey Kong?
#44WuldNaKestPosted 1/24/2012 3:50:10 PMmessage detail
Why would this be a sticky? It's kind of a stupid topic. This is a game of killing dragons and making weapons, and house decorating isn't even a tertiary priority.
---
The official M'aiq of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#45FlarethPosted 1/24/2012 3:58:35 PMmessage detail
Great topic! I'm afraid to use the weapon plaques though, Nettlebane disappeared from the single plaque on the top floor of Breezehome. The plaque in question also became unusable until I clicked it a few times. =/
---
You sure are a keen observer of the obvious, kupo!
-Montblanc/FFTA
#46masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2012 6:06:10 PMmessage detail
nucshadow posted...
I almost gave up... u wouldn't believe how frustrated i've been tryin to properly place my troll skulls...

Yes...yes I would ;-)

Best part with troll / human skulls is that even if you do manage to get them close-mouthed and relatively symmetrical (provided you're stacking multiples next to each other), the collision physics will eventually work them open and apart with repeated entrances / exits to the cell. Very few things are more frustrating to decorate with than skulls.

You might try either putting the back of the troll skull's head against a wall, or putting something underneath the back of it so it doesn't work its way open...if that's the problem you're having.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#47Elec Man EXEPosted 1/24/2012 7:14:31 PMmessage detail
I'm definately going to try some of these tricks and see if they'll work out. I am plain sick of finding everything back on the floor after leaving and coming back. That ring trick sounds very useful, fine tuning is always the worst part.

Oddly enough, I bought Proudspire Manor today and set the Shield of Solitude up on a shelf and it stayed there even on the first try. Left the house, came back, was still in the exact spot I put it in. I don't know if it was a fluke or if the fact that I dropped the item, then my Housecarl picked it up and gave it back to me (<.<) and I placed it a second time made a difference.
---
Master of Electricity
#48nucshadowPosted 1/25/2012 12:35:29 AMmessage detail
masterpug53 posted...
nucshadow posted...
I almost gave up... u wouldn't believe how frustrated i've been tryin to properly place my troll skulls...

Yes...yes I would ;-)

Best part with troll / human skulls is that even if you do manage to get them close-mouthed and relatively symmetrical (provided you're stacking multiples next to each other), the collision physics will eventually work them open and apart with repeated entrances / exits to the cell. Very few things are more frustrating to decorate with than skulls.

You might try either putting the back of the troll skull's head against a wall, or putting something underneath the back of it so it doesn't work its way open...if that's the problem you're having.

Put some thing behind it, good insight :)
#49VaultTecBoy1986Posted 1/25/2012 12:39:52 AMmessage detail
Sticky requested, pug!
---
"Every soul shall taste death" - Altair Ibn-La'Ahad
#50masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2012 4:38:44 PMmessage detail
Bump.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.