House Decorating Guide: How to Move and Drag Items to Customize your Skyrim Home

#91x5N1P3Rx_X513Posted 2/13/2012 5:22:03 PMmessage detail
I keep every book I get, so my dining room table in Breezehome is a pyramid of books.
By the way, where do you get the uncensored Real Barenziah 2? I am collecting everything and its vulgarity is evading me.
---
I may die 5 times more than you, sure,
but my suicide charges are 10 times more epic.
#92CloakerPosted 2/15/2012 9:04:31 PMmessage detail
awesome guide!
#93ArcadiaDragonPosted 2/17/2012 10:23:32 PMmessage detail
Sorry if this was already mentioned by someone else (didn't read every page of comments), but one more thing that I found out. Every movable object in a house follows the same rule as the skulls and stuff. If you only want to move something, pick it up first, then drop it from your inventory.

Thanks for the guide too. This explains a lot of the problems I've had.
---
-ERROR 404 - SIGNATURE NOT FOUND-
#94BigBee2005Posted 2/20/2012 10:20:06 AMmessage detail
Just want to say thanks to masterpug for posting this information, I had no idea any of this was even possible and I've played Oblivion and both the latest Fallouts.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday carefully positioning soul gems, troll skulls, mammoth tusks, human skulls and animal hides in / around my house in Riften - looks spot on now! I even put a tankard, wine goblet, ale and wine on the table on the balcony for when the missus and I sit out there of an evening :-)
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#95masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2012 11:13:41 AMmessage detail
BigBee2005 posted...
Just want to say thanks to masterpug for posting this information, I had no idea any of this was even possible and I've played Oblivion and both the latest Fallouts.

I spent quite a bit of time yesterday carefully positioning soul gems, troll skulls, mammoth tusks, human skulls and animal hides in / around my house in Riften - looks spot on now! I even put a tankard, wine goblet, ale and wine on the table on the balcony for when the missus and I sit out there of an evening :-)

No problem!

I actually haven't tried decorating the outdoor area of Honeyside - I've had problems in past games of getting items to stay put when they're out in the overworld. But it sounds like it works for you, and I've got a few respawned non-hostile bandits and hunters hanging out there, so I probably should give them some food and ale to pass the time.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#96BigBee2005Posted 2/21/2012 1:52:34 AMmessage detail
I actually haven't tried decorating the outdoor area of Honeyside - I've had problems in past games of getting items to stay put when they're out in the overworld. But it sounds like it works for you, and I've got a few respawned non-hostile bandits and hunters hanging out there, so I probably should give them some food and ale to pass the time.

I've also placed items in the garden at Riften (few skulls and tusks) and they've stayed put too. Wasn't sure if that would work but seems to be fine. I was a little disappointed when I first learnt you could only carry out certain 'decorations' on the houses you bought in game so knowing you can add pretty much anything you find is very cool!!

Bought the house in Solitude last night and my wife decided it would be nice to put a couple of pots out on the balcony there so I tried positioning three but I couldn't get them to stand the right way up. They seemed more inclined to want to stand upside down(!) so I gave up in the end, it was getting late :-)

I suppose I'll have to get on with some proper quests some time soon!
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#97masterpug53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2012 7:53:21 AMmessage detail
BigBee2005 posted...
I suppose I'll have to get on with some proper quests some time soon!

Heh...I've probably logged over 600 hours on this game so far, and I still have yet - even once - to visit the Greybeards.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#98kingcodebraPosted 2/27/2012 12:54:50 AMmessage detail
Post for Pug master race.
---
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8278/kingcodebrawithtifa2.jpg ~ by masterpug53
#99Jeh64Posted 3/8/2012 5:27:02 AMmessage detail
Thanks
#100IrvingWallacePosted 3/12/2012 10:41:01 PMmessage detail
A tip for those who may not know: If you equip a torch, then drop the torch, leave the cell, save, reload save, and re-enter cell the torch will be lit. You can do this with multiple torches at a time as well. Helps brighten up the darkest rrom.
---
When there's no more room in hell, there will be a new Call of Duty released every month.