If Valenwood was the setting for the next ES game

#1Silver1717Posted 1/22/2012 12:31:06 AM
It should have a opposite "mood" of Skyrim, instead of the big, powerful theme (since Nords are warrior characters) the theme should be mischievous, mysterious and enchanting like the Woods theme in Zelda: OOT

Sorry, stupid random 2:00am thoughts
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a narcissistic nihilist with a god complex]
#2Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 12:32:32 AM
"Lost Woods" is the song name
---
[This message was deleted at the request of a narcissistic nihilist with a god complex]
#3Ajd_KingPosted 1/22/2012 12:35:37 AM
Hopefully. I'm over manly men, to be honest. I want some sneaky/magicy elf themes.
---
Skyrim: A game you can lose yourself in for hundreds of hours, provided you enjoy storyless dungeon diving.
#4Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 12:38:56 AM
Ajd_King posted...
Hopefully. I'm over manly men, to be honest. I want some sneaky/magicy elf themes.

Same here
---
#5MalzelPosted 1/22/2012 12:40:13 AM
Skyrim and Oblivion were generic high fantasy in terms of human settlements with a Lord of the Rings flavor.
Valenwood seems like even more generic Elven high fantasy with large forests and Elves coming out of the woodwork, again akin to LotR high fantasy style. I wouldn't mind it too much if they doubled it with Summerset Isles, which seems like a wholly more interesting setting.

People that are turned away from Skyrim's environment do so because they don't want more of the same; people loved Morrowind because it was very alien and unique in terms of the locale.
I want another entirely unique setting, which is why I would like to see Black Marsh/Elsweyr.
#6Silver1717(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 12:47:18 AM
Malzel posted...
Skyrim and Oblivion were generic high fantasy in terms of human settlements with a Lord of the Rings flavor.
Valenwood seems like even more generic Elven high fantasy with large forests and Elves coming out of the woodwork, again akin to LotR high fantasy style. I wouldn't mind it too much if they doubled it with Summerset Isles, which seems like a wholly more interesting setting.

People that are turned away from Skyrim's environment do so because they don't want more of the same; people loved Morrowind because it was very alien and unique in terms of the locale.
I want another entirely unique setting, which is why I would like to see Black Marsh/Elsweyr.

Only Argonians can live in Inner Black Marsh, and Elswyer is small. Valenwood seems like the next best thing, they even hate Aldmeri culture. That sounds like civil war in the Thalmor

Plus, Valenwood is pretty alien while being pretty typical fantasy, Summerset Isles would be a strange place
---
#7ArPharazon412Posted 1/22/2012 2:33:22 AM
Elsweyr is pretty comparable in size to Valenwood, actually.
---
We're all stories in the end.
#8nintendogamer13Posted 1/22/2012 2:35:15 AM
the bosmer are actually pretty savage people. They eat each other...
#9SoulOfFaythPosted 1/22/2012 2:58:18 AM
Every fantasy setting has been done, there are no more original thoughts in fantasy. Valenwood seems like an interesting place. I hope that or black marsh will be in the new game
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#10Oni_TatsujinPosted 1/22/2012 4:55:39 AM
If Valenwood ever gets the spotlight, I hope they finally acknowledge that Bosmer are bat **** crazy cannibals that periodically lose their minds, hunt in packs, and engage in bloody group ***. Seriously look up the Green Pact.
---
Don't do whatever you like... Like whatever you do!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - I have 1320 favorited videos and growing. Muwahahaaaa~