Letter from a friend.... Who is this friend?

#1ArchangelJamesPosted 1/23/2012 2:43:15 PM
So you know that letter you've probably received a bunch of times, pointing you in the direction of the next word wall? Does anyone have any idea who this "friend" might be? My guess is Mr P., the leader of the Greybeards, but I have no evidence to support this.

Any thoughts?
---
Please become a fan of my cat.
www.facebook.com/MalikTheCat
#2menalaos1971Posted 1/23/2012 2:44:50 PM
James the Hippy posted...
So you know that letter you've probably received a bunch of times, pointing you in the direction of the next word wall? Does anyone have any idea who this "friend" might be? My guess is Mr P., the leader of the Greybeards, but I have no evidence to support this.

Any thoughts?

All I know is that it happens when you use a Shout inside a city's walls. It's some random supporter of the Dragonborn pointing you to a place where you can learn a new word to help you in your quest to save Skyrim and the world.
---
The secret to life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
#3Burn-the-lightPosted 1/23/2012 2:46:40 PM(edited)
I'm like 99.9% sure it's not Paarthurnax. It's most likely Delphine.
---
Knight-Captain, Brotherhood of TOEH
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day.

Edit: never mind my Delphine theory, above poster is probably right.
#4bestatfallinPosted 1/23/2012 2:47:09 PM
Burn-the-light posted...

I think you mean Arngier? The human 2nd in command of the Greybeards. If you talk to him, he'll tell you the same info that is in the letters, so it makes sense to me that he'd be the one writing them if you never talked to him in person.
---
Ladle to the Grave
#5UjigumPosted 1/23/2012 2:48:08 PM
jauffre
---
recovering skooma addict
#6ShockWav3Posted 1/23/2012 2:49:25 PM
bestatfallin posted...
Burn-the-light posted...

I think you mean Arngier? The human 2nd in command of the Greybeards. If you talk to him, he'll tell you the same info that is in the letters, so it makes sense to me that he'd be the one writing them if you never talked to him in person.

No, it's delphine. It couldn't be more obvious at this point...
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#7Stormkid5Posted 1/23/2012 2:49:55 PM
I always thought it was Delphine.
---
//NVBM//
#8Python_2k9Posted 1/23/2012 2:51:42 PM(edited)
It's Antonio, your best friend from Whiterun High, obviously.
---
Patrolling through the GameFaqs boards almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
#9Godly_GoofPosted 1/23/2012 2:51:08 PM
definitely Patrick Stewart, only cameo he cold get in Skyrim after his tragic fate as the emperor in Oblivion
---
"The only people who fear darkness are those who are still standing in the light"
#10bestatfallinPosted 1/23/2012 2:56:04 PM
ShockWav3 posted...
No, it's delphine. It couldn't be more obvious at this point...

But Delphine isn't your friend.....
---
Ladle to the Grave