The races of Tamriel ranked from most evil to least evil. Thoughts?

#21youshallbeasgodPosted 2/5/2012 7:03:33 PM
Elves are are not evil, just proud. As proud as nords. Imperials are super evil. Like Potema evil. She's Imperial by the way. And she's a Septim. That's bad blood.
#22LadyTeleutePosted 2/5/2012 7:06:22 PM
LethalAffinity posted...
So you'll agree than Altmer and Dunmer are the most "evil" then?

I dunno, that rotmeth business counts for a lot. Bosmer might take the title here. :p

But sure, I'll agree that those cultures are the most "evil". I just want to be clear that I think it's the cultures, rather than inherent qualities of those races. For instance, the fact that only the Telvanni actively supported slavery in Morrowind while the other Dunmer houses rejected it is pretty good evidence that they're not somehow born into being slavemasters.
#23LethalAffinity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2012 7:08:29 PM(edited)

Your explanations for the rankings seem to be based off more of an American conservative point of view.  So what if the Khajiit are Skooma traders?  That doesn't mean they're evil; they're just less "educated" than other races.  That's like saying pot smokers are inherently evil.

And Daedra > Gods anyday.

Skooma is the equivalent of crack-cocaine. Marijuana, on the other hand, is a natural herb. Not the best analogy. I wouldn't say any race in TES is inherently evil, but some are definitely more prone to have a cruel, sadistic perspective. For example, I'm sure most Orcs are brought up in strongholds where violence is reveled, and High Elves are raised from birth to believe they are superior to the other Tamrielic races.
---
http://oi44.tinypic.com/alkehw.jpg
#24EarthApocalyptoPosted 2/5/2012 7:08:00 PM
LethalAffinity posted...
Skooma is the equivalent of crack-cocaine. Marijuana, on the other hand, is a natural herb. Not the best analogy. I wouldn't say any race in TES is inherently evil, but some are definitely more prone to have a cruel, sadistic perspective. For example, I'm sure most High Elves are raised from birth to believe they are superior to the other Tamrielic races.

Child High Elf: When I grow up, I want to enslave all other races!
---
I imagine making love to a furry is like making love to a cloud that has solid but soft, cushiony mass, and a vagina. - Ed
#25LadyTeleutePosted 2/5/2012 7:10:59 PM
LethalAffinity posted...
For example, I'm sure most Orcs are brought up in strongholds where violence is reveled, and High Elves are raised from birth to believe they are superior to the other Tamrielic races.

Exactly :) It's how they're raised, rather than how they're born.
#26Jgreen_yoPosted 2/5/2012 7:38:23 PM
LethalAffinity posted...
Of course morality is subjective, guys. I thought it'd make a fun discussion >_>

So since you're saying morality is subjective, then you think pedophiles are normal people and there is nothing wrong with what they do?
---
CheVelle... Hats Off To The Bull
#27AaronHutchPosted 2/5/2012 7:43:34 PM
but, the Imperials allow anyone to serve in the Legion and are the only race that treats Orcs with respect
---
Holmes versus Moriarty, Aristotle versus MASHY-SPIKE PLATE!
#28LethalAffinity(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2012 8:35:40 PM

LethalAffinity posted...
Of course morality is subjective, guys. I thought it'd make a fun discussion >_>

So since you're saying morality is subjective, then you think pedophiles are normal people and there is nothing wrong with what they do?

You pulled this right out of your ass didn't you? Lol @ trying to put words in my mouth.
---
http://oi44.tinypic.com/alkehw.jpg
#29PaukenPosted 2/5/2012 9:30:33 PM
Elder Scrolls is about the only fantasy series where racial alignments don't exist. It's almost entirely dependent on how the person was raised, or what they believe in. In that regard, it's the most realistic fantasy universe ever created, since it doesn't just shoehorn all dark elves into one alignment, for example, unlike Warcraft, Warhammer, and D&D.

Hell, even the divine beings, both Aedric and Daedric, have an incredible range of alignments. Almost all the daedra have both good and evil tendencies, and act upon them according to the situation; the only exception MIGHT be Mehrunes Dagon, but only because he's basically hard-wired to destroy the world. I can't truly say that the Aedra are all pure good, either, since after all Alduin was at the very least a small crumb of Akatosh, and he certainly wasn't a holy being.

Compare that to, for example, Warcraft. Every demon of the Burning Legion is an evil son of a gun, while the Naaru are all 100% good (the rumours of secret agendas for the Naaru are just rumours; nothing's been revealed in the Warcraft lore that actually gives evidence of the Naaru being anything less than 100% good). Orcs and humans, while some would debate are dynamic in alignment, are generally all leaning towards evil and good, respectively (not 100%, of course, but certainly that's the tendency in the lore). I've yet to see a good Forsaken, or an evil Draenei that wasn't suffering from Old Gods in his head; the alignments are just that static.

Or how about Warhammer? Demons of Chaos are 110% evil (they're so evil they get an extra 10% evil), most of the gods are static in alignment (for example, even among the high elves Khaine is an evil son of a gun), and the races are damn near 100% static (to the point that every group that WOULDN'T be static becomes a separate race altogether). Interesting though it may be, Warhammer is about as realistic in alignment terms as a #@$@ing Bioware RPG (your alignment choices: good, neutral, and jackass!).

Really, one can choose any race in Skyrim and play them in any manner; a pure good Altmer is just as possible as a pure evil Redguard, and a pure good Daedra is just as possible as a pure evil Aedra.
---
"congratulations you successfully mined a death knight!
its completely normal as the class is EVERYWHERE" - Little Zardar
#30Brenz0rPosted 2/5/2012 9:37:10 PM
Almost all the daedra have both good and evil tendencies, and act upon them according to the situation

Daedra are inherently amoral. If you were to give them an alignment, they would be insulted.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN