what is the best way for warriors to heal?

#1mettlegearPosted 3/26/2012 10:20:58 PM
are they stuck just using potions, or is it worth building up Restoration? what do most people do? i'm early game and finding it hard to heal.
#2RUNNERSHIGHPosted 3/26/2012 10:22:20 PM
Hmm well I'd say invest in alchemy, since you can make potions and POISONS, which make your blade skills more deadly
---
Look at the sunset. Light a blunt. Reset.
#3IamI3rianPosted 3/26/2012 10:26:41 PM(edited)
mettlegear posted...
are they stuck just using potions, or is it worth building up Restoration? what do most people do? i'm early game and finding it hard to heal.

Resto + Respite perk is legit.

All point in health and eat soup (or stew) is 'cheap.'

Potions or lvl 1 "healing" spell are the way of the 'pure,' the 'true,' the 'RP(role playing) warrior.

*sounds horn*
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Baby, you make me wish I had THREE hands. -Vinnie the cab driver
#4apatrick0516Posted 3/26/2012 10:39:22 PM
Alchemy is your answer. You don't even have to invest in the alchemy tree too much to be able to make decent potions. Just get some alchemy increasing gear, and put a few points in the perk tree, and you're set. Find ingredients that have the restore health property. As a bonus, you can even make poisons to make your melee attacks more deadly.
---
This here's ma signature!
#5SpikesEyesPosted 3/26/2012 11:15:24 PM
Don't go alchemy. Warriors need stamina as well so invest in Respite and Regeneration on the Restoration perk and pick up fast healing. Your golden then.
---
"Nothing amazing happens here. Everything is ordinary"
#6WizardKirbyPosted 3/26/2012 11:17:45 PM
The Dovahkiin never needs to heal!!! >:O
#7ThermalStonePosted 3/27/2012 12:32:38 AM
Alchemy for several reasons:

1. You should be leveling up your crafting skills anyways. Alchemy can make your smithing and enchanting much better.

2. Alchemy will make you rich from selling potions.

3. Alchemy levels up pretty quickly if you pick ingredients while you are questing and make potions whenever you come into town anyways.

4. Restoration is probably the slowest skill to level through normal gameplay.

5. Alchemy potions heal you instantly in battle for as much hp as you have potions for. Restoration spells take time to cast and are limited by your mp.

6. Using restoration spells means you will spend a lot of time in the menus un and requipping spells, weapons or shields in the middle of battle.