Enchanting glitch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Jackel86

Jackel86
4 years ago#1
I've got max enchanting and a grand soul gem, but whenever I try to enchant a set of robes (I've tried black robes and college robes) with the "fortify *ability* + mana regen" enchantment, I only get 15% reduced cost and 10% mana regen. This is quite a bit less than what I could simply buy. Is this a glitch?
"Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up, the better it gets." -Pvt. Tucker
Gamertag: TheIrishJackel

User Info: MonkeyFriday

MonkeyFriday
4 years ago#2
I assume that the soul gem does in fact contain a grand soul & you have all the related perks, yes or no?
The Official Skeever of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim(360)Board - Member of TBWNN
3DS F.C.: 3351 - 4710 - 9463

Jackel86
4 years ago#3
Yes, it's a filled black gem, and I have all the center skill tree perks for enchanting (not the outer ones though, like fire/shock buffs and soul gem stuff).
"Women are like Voltron, the more you hook up, the better it gets." -Pvt. Tucker

MonkeyFriday
4 years ago#4
Ok... & the gem is or was filled with which type of soul? They have varying degrees of power.

Jackel86
4 years ago#5
It says "filled with grand soul". They should all be filled with Thalmor souls (seemed like a fitting end for them).

MonkeyFriday
4 years ago#6
Hmm... In that case, try using an enchanting potion & if that fails, I am sorry for the loss... Can't think of anything else.

Jackel86
4 years ago#7
Thanks. But I'm not crazy, right? It should be a lot higher than that?

MonkeyFriday
4 years ago#8
You sanity is questionable, but that's neither here or there... Maybe or maybe not, I can't recall at the moment. Try checking out Skyrim's UESP or any other wiki, might find more help there.

User Info: Ajd_King

Ajd_King
4 years ago#9
Jackel86 posted...
Thanks. But I'm not crazy, right? It should be a lot higher than that?

I can confirm that you are, in fact, a crazy person. Although it has nothing to do with this topic.
Sungretc, uay durkiw to tao.
Skyrim: As wide as the ocean yet as deep as a puddle.

User Info: Mistere Man

Mistere Man
4 years ago#10
Well robe enchantments suck for you sadly as that 10% magic regain is set in stone which sucks. I can't remember what the level 100 enchanting value is for the cost reduction but I do know it is not as good as the singular cost reduction which tops out at 25% (no potion).
Water+Fall=Radiation.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived