Red and white exclamation points? Tons of errors, help?

#1MEGAGURL5Posted 4/8/2012 2:23:00 PM
So I've been playing Skyrim for a long while on my xbox at home, and yesterday I brought it over to someone else's house. I brought my disc, and my Harddrive. Plugged my HDD in as usual and began to play the game. Immediately I noticed some errors with what seem to be missing textures in the game. For instance, dragon scales in my inventory were shown as an exclamation point surrounded by a red diamond shape. I proceeded throughout the game until I came across a cave, entered it, only to experience multiples of the same error along the ground, and walking through the cave ended me up in the abyss of the map. After falling through nothing it dropped me back at the exit to the cave. I left, and now my game always freezes at the loading screen when I try to leave the cave. My game is basically unplayable now. I've looked everywhere for solutions but the only people who seem to have discovered this problem are PC users.

Does it have to do with the fact that I have been moving my HDD around? I have no idea what could have caused this or how to fix it. Any help is much appreciated, I miss my game!
#2MC2011Posted 4/8/2012 2:28:25 PM
Try clearing your cache and maybe delete the patch and redownload it?
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#3MEGAGURL5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 2:34:43 PM
How do I clear my cache?
#4MC2011Posted 4/8/2012 2:39:36 PM
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Hit the Guide button, go to settings, select system settings, select storage/memory, highlight the device, press Y and select Clear System Cache.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#5Xatu235Posted 4/8/2012 3:28:24 PM
Is your friend's Xbox connected to the internet? It kind of sounds like you took your post-patch save file and moved it to an Xbox without the patch.
---
Xbox Live GamerTag: ChozoGhost
#6MEGAGURL5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 3:46:40 PM
it worked! i owe you my deepest thanks :3