Just did an experiment on the board here, xbox360-roleplaying-first person

#1lordgoroPosted 4/13/2012 7:36:49 AM
Click on the category on top, EVERY game listed is either elder scrolls, or fallout! Bethesda has cornered the market on role-playing-first person games it seems! At least from the gamefaqs boards.. Anyone else notice this before?
---
"SAVE YOUR PITY FOR THE WEAK!"
#2darkportal785Posted 4/13/2012 7:37:48 AM
Yes.

There is a reason for that.
---
Primula is life. Primula is love. Primula is perfection
#31337_gARRUSPosted 4/13/2012 8:11:14 AM
Obsidian made new vegas they had 100s of bugs but a way better story.
---
Best pickup line ever: Get in the f***ing van!
#4IamI3rianPosted 4/13/2012 8:37:16 AM
1337_gARRUS posted...
Obsidian made new vegas they had 100s of bugs but a way better story.

I heard beth did the QA testing, and it WAS Beth's engine either way. I'm just saying.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Chuck Norris doesn't take arrows in the knee, arrows take Chuck Norris knee in the shaft.
#5IrvingWallacePosted 4/13/2012 8:45:51 AM
Because they are the only company really making first person RPGs. Everyone else is doing 3rd person, so you have that to consider. I wish more companies made 1st person as that's what I prefer.
---
By pick, by axe, by sword. Bye bye!
#6sinyxPosted 4/13/2012 8:47:38 AM
They also make good games, there's that fact as well.
---
Damn flying monkeys...
GT and PSN: sinyx
#7WubbaDubbaPosted 4/13/2012 8:53:36 AM
What makes Bethesda games first-person? All of them have a button that easily changes viewpoints... it's not any more first-person than third-person...
#8MC2011Posted 4/13/2012 8:59:23 AM(edited)

What makes Bethesda games first-person? All of them have a button that easily changes viewpoints... it's not any more first-person than third-person...

Ever try to play entirely in third-person without switching back to first person for anything? First-person seems a lot more friendlier in comparison.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#9IamI3rianPosted 4/13/2012 9:01:56 AM
MC2011 posted...
Ever try to play entirely in third-person without switching back to first person for anything?

With the exception of picking up the occasional gold piece (not needed at all) and looking at stuff up close (again) I ALWAYS play third person.

That said, my most recent playthrough is first person. I find after maybe 15 minutes in either view, switching to the other seems like it's impossible. In reality, the only thing you 'NEED' first person for is shooting a bow or spell up/downhill. Even that's not very hard to do after a few fights.

Ever try fighting in first person with two orcish waraxes while you're on fire? If so, next time switch to third person and get back to me. :)
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Chuck Norris doesn't take arrows in the knee, arrows take Chuck Norris knee in the shaft.
#10casedawgzPosted 4/13/2012 9:02:08 AM
In skyrim (only skyrim) I prefer third for melee. I have no depth perception in first person.