Little known secrets of Skyrim

#1punji_styx88Posted 4/18/2012 7:45:39 PM
Post anything you can think of that may be considered as such.

For example; there are circles made up of alternating mushrooms scattered across Skyrim; these are called Fairy Circles in European Folklore & are considered a place where faeries come to dance, also maybe a gateway of sorts.

Not sure how much of a secret this is, but I doubt everyone knows about it.
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 4/18/2012 7:51:04 PM
punji_styx88 posted...
For example; there are circles made up of alternating mushrooms scattered across Skyrim; these are called Fairy Circles in European Folklore & are considered a place where faeries come to dance, also maybe a gateway of sorts.

As far as I am aware, they are a part of Kyne's quest.
Could be wrong.
But I distinctly remember at least one of the targets spawning inside one of these circles.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Talos5262Posted 4/18/2012 7:51:07 PM
Dead elf with a bottle of Paralysis Poison, next to the tree just between Karwasten (sp) and Peryite Shrine

Romeo & Juliet reference

Found it by accident
---
Kill a boy's mother... then vengeance fester in the son...
#4strifechug2Posted 4/18/2012 7:52:54 PM

Pierced knee caps . . rare things.

#5DainbowRashPosted 4/18/2012 7:55:20 PM
strifechug2 posted...
Pierced knee caps . . rare things.
No.
---
The Argonians are based on the real race referred to by humans as "reptilians" which have slaughtered our people by the millions.-razyman2000
#6azerboPosted 4/18/2012 8:13:52 PM
In a small pond near the giant camp west of whiterun, there's a King Arthur allusion (I think). When I first got the game I was just walking around exploring and then I heard a sound a bit like an angelic choir. I turn around and a skeleton's hand is holding aloft a sword from the pond. It was just a regular sword but it was still kind of cool
#7Mercenary-XPosted 4/18/2012 8:36:03 PM
While traveling through a snowy region of Skyrim, I came upon a destroyed house that was on a fire, and inside was a burnt corpse holding a Scroll of Summon Flame Atronach in its hand. My wife even foud that humorous.
---
X360 - HeadShotGoneBad; PS3 - AkatsukiNoTobi
#8EddMarioPosted 4/18/2012 8:47:22 PM

If you go to the museum in Dawnstar, lockpick the display case with the burnt piece of paper with the logo for the Conjuration skills, and cast a Destruction spell on it, it'll turn into a bucket.

After the Stormcloak attack on Whiterun, the priest of Talos there will start living in a tent next to the shrine, since his house was destroyed in the attack.

#9SterlingFoxPosted 4/18/2012 8:55:54 PM
In the wilderness east of Winterhold, You can find a wooly mammoth frozen in the ice, full of dwarven arrows, that was presumably hunted by dwarves hundreds of years ago.
---
''Were it so easy.''
MGO = Captain Deadman
#10RobRoy316Posted 4/18/2012 9:50:09 PM
azerbo posted...
In a small pond near the giant camp west of whiterun, there's a King Arthur allusion (I think). When I first got the game I was just walking around exploring and then I heard a sound a bit like an angelic choir. I turn around and a skeleton's hand is holding aloft a sword from the pond. It was just a regular sword but it was still kind of cool
You should have smithed and enchanted it :P
---
A hero need not speak for himself, for the world shall speak for him when he dies... - CaptnAmerica86 Xbox Live & PSN GamerTag