Gotta say I prefer Fallout 3

#1zimbolamboPosted 4/29/2012 2:49:19 PM
Gotta say it, I think its overall a more solid, challenging and rewarding experience.

You can go in any direction from the starting cave in Skyrim and face no danger anywhere in the world. In F3 if you go too far north you will likely get killed. The world has a real sense of danger, which makes for great atmosphere. Skyrim is just too easy and uninspiring.
#2LithiumLegendPosted 4/29/2012 2:50:25 PM
Gotta say I don't give a ****
---
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
#3Iron-ZionPosted 4/29/2012 2:51:34 PM

i prefer FO3 also

#4drunkarchitectPosted 4/29/2012 2:51:59 PM
well i don't know about challenging. if you prioritize stealth you can go through the entire game without taking damage, and one/two shotting everyone in stealth mode. i did prefer fallout 3 a little more. i liked the atmosphere better.
#5DainbowRashPosted 4/29/2012 2:55:36 PM
zimbolambo posted...
You can go in any direction from the starting cave in Skyrim and face no danger anywhere in the world. In F3 if you go too far north you will likely get killed. The world has a real sense of danger, which makes for great atmosphere. Skyrim is just too easy and uninspiring.

Well, considering it's just a regular world, and not a post-nuclear apocalyptic wasteland, I'd say that's about right.
---
Opinions are a lot like onions. Throw one hard enough, and you'll eventually kill something.- MC2011
#6RebelElite791Posted 4/29/2012 2:56:27 PM
Gotta say you have terrible taste and nobody cares.
---
After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and to shoals of dust, I will return to where I began.
#7Iron-ZionPosted 4/29/2012 2:58:58 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Gotta say you have terrible taste and nobody cares.
---
After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and to shoals of dust, I will return to where I began.

if you didn't care, why did you post in this thread? talk about going out of your way to make somebody feel bad.
#8RebelElite791Posted 4/29/2012 2:59:22 PM
Iron-Zion posted...

RebelElite791 posted...

Gotta say you have terrible taste and nobody cares.---After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and to shoals of dust, I will return to where I began.

if you didn't care, why did you post in this thread? talk about going out of your way to make somebody feel bad.

Bored. Problem dear?
---
#9shadowfreeze88Posted 4/29/2012 2:59:57 PM
It's between Morrowind and New Vegas for me (I'm aware NV was made by Obsidian).

Morrowind would let you do just about anything you wanted, even killing story-critical NPCs if you were so inclined and you could straight break the game with custom spells and such even on consoles without mods. Morrowind had nearly limitless freedom and that freedom has diminished with every TES game since then.

As for New Vegas, it's like Fallout 3 but better in just about every way IMO. It's actually challenging at higher levels. I remember in Fallout 3, once you got a high enough level you could just breeze through an army of Deathclaws without even thinking about it. Also, and most importantly, NV had that "Fallout" feel much more than F3 had. If you played F1 and 2 then you may know what I mean. Fallout 3 felt completely detached from the first two games besides a few references. NV on the other hand had much more to do with the previous Fallout games and had a more similar feel to them as well.

New Vegas was more Fallout 3 than Fallout 3 was IMO.
---
GT: TH3 MlLK MAN (The I in MlLK is a lowercase L)
BB Main: Bang; learning: Tsubaki, Makoto, and Tao
#10FalletarisPosted 4/29/2012 3:00:55 PM
More challenging? in some ways yes, but others no

aka

Fallout 3- Journey north you will die, enemies adjust to your level to make the game more difficult

Skyrim- Go in a cave, ruins, mine or any sort too far away from the starting area and you are screwed, dragons can still kill you even after level 50

I have died a lot more in Skyrim than in Fallout 3, but i guess that that is dependent on the player
---
XBL GT: iamRevan117