A few notes about kinect support

#1Relient_DPosted 5/1/2012 4:26:05 AM
Before you go shouting at your tv willy-nilly:

A) Make sure that you tick the box under general settings which enables kinect commands.

And

B) Regarding hotkey commands: Put whatever you would like to hotkey in your favorites using Y. Then, open the favorites menu, go to that item/spell, and say "assign 'x'" (x being whatever you want that item or spell to be recognized as, for instance, if you want flames to be your default fire spell, say, "assign fire spell" while highlighting it). Once you've assigned your hotkeys, saying things like:

Equip left fire spell
Equip right fire spell
Equip dual fire spell

...will all do exactly what they say. To be honest, it works pretty well. A little hard to figure out if you haven't researched how to do it, but hopefully this topic will help some people out.
#2NailbombPosted 5/1/2012 4:29:14 AM
Also, the item you have registered doesn't necessarily have to fit the title you give it. My healing spell is assigned as my shield, just because I can.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer
#3Relient_D(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 4:31:51 AM
Yeah, not gonna lie, that confused me for a bit, because while I was fumbling around trying to figure out why it wasn't working for me, I accidently assigned "light" to one of my powers (it misheard the word "left"). I didn't know at the time that light was a hotkey command and I had no idea what I'd just done, haha
#4EremyndilPosted 5/1/2012 4:49:31 AM
KINECT voice commands: http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/akqacms/files/tes/extras/skyrim-kinect-voice-commands.pdf
---
2005: Console gaming's (early adopter) consumers become pay-to-play game testers (bugs/glitches)
Stanley Woo: "we, BioWare, don't owe you a patch"
#5Godlikepowers1Posted 5/1/2012 4:55:32 AM
I hope everyone realizes they have all the commands and what to do in game. just press start and help and go to to kinect commands. don't even need to look online.
---
Ello! Did you just say Hello? No i said Ello! but thats close enough
#6RinglercorpPosted 5/1/2012 5:20:39 AM
I yelled "Fus Ro Dah" at my TV for like 5 minutes (my wife just shook her head) before realizing that you needed to check the Kinect commands box in settings.
#7Relient_D(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:23:12 AM
I would have done that, except I started a new character to get the feel of things better (haven't played in a bit), and wanted to adjust the difficulty, so I saw it in the menu.