Why can't I get the Kinect stuff to work?

#1KenhorouPosted 5/1/2012 9:16:30 AM
I got the update and I turned it on. It does not want to work. I see the little mic thing letting me know I'm talking, but nothing happens.
---
"COD: Be at the right place, at the right time"-Ragdoll47
QFT
#2master_gamr1231Posted 5/1/2012 9:17:46 AM
If you're trying to say dragon shouts, you need to hold RB as you say it.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#3Kenhorou(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 9:19:20 AM
I'm trying everything. Map searching, going through skills. It isn't working.
---
QFT
#4Carruth81Posted 5/1/2012 9:20:03 AM
Did you enable it in the menu?
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
#5Kenhorou(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 9:21:13 AM
Yes. I went in game and turned it on via options.
---
QFT
#6krono069Posted 5/1/2012 9:23:22 AM
Is it plugged in?
__
---
Asus G73 laptop? A thousand bucks.
My wife's reaction to a nude mod? Priceless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#7Kenhorou(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 9:24:46 AM
I feel so dumb. I plugged my Kinect into my Xbox, but not into the wall. The damn light that was glowing on it convinced me it was turned on. Let me see if it works now.
---
QFT
#8INB4NinjaPosted 5/1/2012 9:25:02 AM
I know that I play with the kinect mic disabled through the xbox settings. This may be the issue. Try going to settings through the main menu on the xbox and check to see if it is enabled.
---
95% of statistics are fake, 30% of the time... Wait, what?
Gamertag: Mikey0629
#9megaddtdPosted 5/1/2012 9:48:02 AM
INB4Ninja posted...
I know that I play with the kinect mic disabled through the xbox settings. This may be the issue. Try going to settings through the main menu on the xbox and check to see if it is enabled.

That only means it's disabled for chat. The mic will still work for games that use it.
#10traconisekPosted 5/2/2012 12:17:41 PM
I got the bigger problem , everything is set up properly - I can use kinect in all other games aparat of Skyrim - because there is no option under setting>>>gameplay>> use Kinect Commands ????#
I even installed game to HDD , deleted the patch from system menu - downloaded the patch again and still the same bloody problem - there is no option to switch kinect command on??!?! - anyone experienced such problem - I browsed this forum and coudnt find anyone with the same problem :(