Are there any plans for another Elder Scrolls game?

#11casedawgzPosted 5/2/2012 9:33:25 AM
Rikashi posted...
Usually there is only one ES game per generation of consoles, and I doubt Bethesda will be bringing out any spin-offs when there is still such a huge demand for DLC.

ES games have only been on two generations of consoles. Only one came out on Xbox, but two have come out on this generation, so I don't think you can say that "usually" there's only one.
#12grunger549Posted 5/2/2012 11:29:34 AM
casedawgz posted...
Rikashi posted...
Usually there is only one ES game per generation of consoles, and I doubt Bethesda will be bringing out any spin-offs when there is still such a huge demand for DLC.

ES games have only been on two generations of consoles. Only one came out on Xbox, but two have come out on this generation, so I don't think you can say that "usually" there's only one.

That's what I was going to say.
#13The_Great_DBPosted 5/2/2012 12:08:40 PM
Elder Scrolls VI will probably come out after we see the new consoles, heck we might even have FO4 as at release game for the new generation of consoles depending on how long they take to make that which they probably will do before producing a game that will soon become old (aka. PS3 and Xbox 360). So..TES VI wont be for another 6 years at least.

I'm hoping for Elsweyr but I have big doubts about them thinking cats will sell so they'll probably do Valenwood to do some Aldmeri Dominion stuff or will go to the summerset isles.
---
The Big DB
#14shadowfreeze88Posted 5/2/2012 12:25:27 PM
It'll be interesting to see where they go with future ES games though because every ES game up to Skyrim was one of the prophecies of the Elder Scrolls which all culminated to Alduin's return. Now that the Elder Scroll Propechies are over it will be interesting to see where it goes from here...
---
GT: TH3 MlLK MAN (The I in MlLK is a lowercase L)
BB Main: Bang; learning: Tsubaki, Makoto, and Tao
#15Spartan_418Posted 5/2/2012 12:31:47 PM

The PS4 and Next Xbox will most likely come out holiday 2013, at least I can't see why the Next Xbox would take any longer than that. So there's no way Elder Scrolls VI will be a launch game. 2015 would work pretty well though, it will have been 4 years since Skyrim, and the consoles will have been out for a little while and will have built up a decent installed base. 

#16Merc123Posted 5/2/2012 12:42:08 PM
Its usually takes 4-5 years for a TES game to come out, so there is now way in hell we will be seeing in until next gen consoles. I would actually be surprised if we saw another Fallout on this generation of consoles.

But another one will come out, thats certain. There is no way Bethesda is gonna let what made it famous die.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#17Hollow_Point_MKPosted 5/2/2012 12:54:47 PM
thats like asking if the sun will rise tomorrow. unless theres a cataclysmic event on a galactic scale that wipes out the earth Bethesda will continue to make Elder scrolls games for the foreseeable future.
---
Many men live for the present. Great men die for the future.
#18Hollow_Point_MKPosted 5/2/2012 12:59:05 PM
Spartan_418 posted...
The PS4 and Next Xbox will most likely come out holiday 2013, at least I can't see why the Next Xbox would take any longer than that. So there's no way Elder Scrolls VI will be a launch game. 2015 would work pretty well though, it will have been 4 years since Skyrim, and the consoles will have been out for a little while and will have built up a decent installed base.

yea theres already huge buzz about the next gen consoles and most people think we will likely hear at least something about it next E3 if not then at least probable hardware specs at CES.
---
Many men live for the present. Great men die for the future.
#19PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/2/2012 1:13:25 PM
Well, I can say this for certain, they won't release another ES until welllll after FO4 finally comes out. Which could be anywhere from a year to forever from now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#20Gunther482Posted 5/2/2012 1:17:32 PM
I agree with posters saying that FO4 could be a launch title or soon after for the next generation of consoles, similar to Oblivion when it arrived on the 360 which was five months after the 360 launch.