Wish Skyrim had no loading at all, future TES please do this

#1Blazerdt47Posted 5/2/2012 6:51:23 PM
I think it kind of ruins the immersion a bit when
going into a building then loads. Can Bethesda
not make the whole world seamless? There are
quite a few open world games that do it.
It would be amazing going into Whiterun or
Solitude seeing citizens walking in and out of
cities, going into shops and pubs watching
drunkards walk out of the doors. The immersion
factor would be greatly enhanced.
#2blueice9Posted 5/2/2012 6:52:02 PM
Done, but the game consists of MLP ponies instead of dragons.
---
I think deja vu is when you just died and respawn'd from your last checkpoint.
#3blueice9Posted 5/2/2012 6:53:10 PM
I wish you could drop the un-droppable bs quest items. lookin at you attunement sphere...
---
I think deja vu is when you just died and respawn'd from your last checkpoint.
#4RikashiPosted 5/2/2012 6:55:06 PM
First of all, most of the cities and all interiors are separate cells which all need to be loaded. If you want seamless transitions, you'd need to spend a few minutes looking at a loading screen everytime you enter a walled-in city.

Also, it's not like Bethesda did this on purpose. There is only so much you can do with the Xbox 36 and luckily Beth knows how to create big open worlds without taxing the hardware too much. If you really want shorter loading times, start looking for a high-end gaming PC.
---
Personally, I love everyone on this board... Except for you.. You're a horrible person. >:l - clone11
#5Talos5262Posted 5/2/2012 7:01:36 PM
It is done on PC mod
---
Kill a boy's mother... and vengeance festers in the son...
#6Blazerdt47(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 7:04:39 PM
Rikashi posted...
First of all, most of the cities and all interiors are separate cells which all need to be loaded. If you want seamless transitions, you'd need to spend a few minutes looking at a loading screen everytime you enter a walled-in city.

Also, it's not like Bethesda did this on purpose. There is only so much you can do with the Xbox 36 and luckily Beth knows how to create big open worlds without taxing the hardware too much. If you really want shorter loading times, start looking for a high-end gaming PC.

Well luckily the next TES will be on PS4/X720 so maybe they will finally create a new engine with all that horsepower.
#7MyExtraAccountPosted 5/2/2012 7:07:06 PM
Hopefully next gen we will see seamless transitions. IIRC I remember seeing some games being streamed somewhat, with certain cells being already loaded making for a near perfect transition. Id be happy if we were given the ability to make something like that happen.
---
The official Tsun of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
#8krono069Posted 5/2/2012 7:08:39 PM
Wish Skyrim had no loading at all, future TES please do this

^You can have this right now if you wanted. I have this right now. How? PC version my friend. Not trying to be an elitist or anything. Just stating the facts...
__
---
Asus G73 laptop? A thousand bucks.
My wife's reaction to a nude mod? Priceless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#9kingoftheswordPosted 5/3/2012 12:22:19 AM
Next gen could probably do it, the current consoles are HUGELY outdated hardware wise so thats why we have seperate cells unlike morrowind. The next consoles should have pc like graphics, at least compared to pc games nowadays because we all know by time those new consoles are released computers will have something even better out.
---
Kill one zombie and none of the others notice. Why not kill more and see what happens?
#10RebelElite791Posted 5/3/2012 12:23:19 AM
Bethesda regularly reads this forum, and has taken your topic into consideration.
---
After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and to shoals of dust, I will return to where I began.