Making a new Warrior question.

#1RenokePosted 5/6/2012 2:34:17 AM
Hi, i'm going to restart the game and was thinking about making a pure warrior instead of a pure mage (started to get a little bored and no I don't want to make a battlemage)

I have decided to use the primary perks:
Block
One-Handed
Heavy Armor
Restoration

And my secondary perks:
Archery
Smithing

Are these good perks for making a pure melee class or is there something I should add or takeout?
#2SomnambulisticPosted 5/6/2012 2:36:33 AM
I would take out Archery and add in Destruction. Can just switch between your shield and a spell. Archery is just out of place with the rest of the stuff. I would consider a little Enchanting as well.
---
Welcome to the party, pal.
#3howdyneighbor24Posted 5/6/2012 2:45:45 AM
I say take out restoration and use potions, heavy+shield=lots of Armor rating

Only use archery if youre gonna do the main quest, dont use archery if youre gonna finish the main story (Dragonrend) only because Archery will take away the XP you could be giving to your one handed
---
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#4roitactPosted 5/6/2012 2:56:13 AM
looks pretty similar to my first playthrough,

you shouldnt have a problem with archery , you'd only need a few points in its base stats (+damage) to make it usable...

same with restoration, if you limit the number of spells you'll need to self healing spells you'll only need to put the points into the more effective/cost less perks i've found fast healing (apprentice level i beilieve) to be more than adequate, and a point to restore stamina aswell as health can be useful, if your shieldbashing/power attacking quite a lot
---
i will not be held responsible for your stupidity... GT: jimmyrockstar, PSN: testesbomb---
#5WayOfTheSwordPosted 5/6/2012 3:27:40 AM(edited)
What you are calling "perks" are actually skills, which contain perk trees.

As far as the build goes, I wouldn't invest a single perk in blocking. It's alright to level blocking, but if you invest in the smithing perks and heavy armor perks, you really won't need any of the blocking perks. (Ditto for restoration). Not only that, you may get bored with one-handed and decide to level two-handed also, in which case any of the shield-related perks you used in the blocking tree will be wasted.

EDIT: That said, don't let me tell you how to play. I just found that with all the other skills leveled, I had no real need for any of the blocking (or restoration) perks. Some of them do look like fun, though, so if that's your thing, go for it. You'll still have plenty of perks to invest either way.
---
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
#6danishjuggler21Posted 5/6/2012 3:32:23 AM
The blocking perks can be a life saver against magic using enemies. Why would you use restoration magic on a pure warrior? That seems to make him part Mage.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21