how important is Brynjolf? (thieves guild spoilers)

#1knives outPosted 5/6/2012 1:28:43 PM
im doin what i think is the last thieves guild mission. goin through dwemer caves, killing falmer to get to mercer. the game is chugging A LOT, the framerate is so bad its almost like watching a slideshow. anyway i kinda went ahead of karliah and Brynjolf in hopes that it would improve the FPS. karliah caught up to me but Brynjolf is gone. do i need him? id rather not start over. also: my s*** froze up twice in the caverns.
---
Man created god in his own image.
#2KutKuSlayerPosted 5/6/2012 1:31:08 PM
you should go back and find him, i don't think it is possible to complete the quest you are on without him. you might be able to, but make a backup save now in case you cannot.

have you tried loading a save from before he got lost/disappeared?
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.
#3OMG_AIDSPosted 5/6/2012 1:34:34 PM
I remember that part? In the ruin with the crumbled tower? Man that made my game chug. I would go back for Brynjolf, he's probably stuck on a rock somewhere.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#4KutKuSlayerPosted 5/6/2012 1:38:42 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
I remember that part? In the ruin with the crumbled tower? Man that made my game chug. I would go back for Brynjolf, he's probably stuck on a rock somewhere.

either that or he is surrounded my falmer and keeps getting downed.

i left him and Karliah behind that way whilst i found a sniper nest to sneak OSK the falmer from :P
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
[REPAIR 85] Helios one cab give peer too if fixed.
#5Talos5262Posted 5/6/2012 1:45:52 PM
I did the follower glitch where i took both of them outside the dwemer ruin to do other quest. For some reason no followers can enter that dwemer ruin (even Karliah n Brynolf after the glitch). However, what i found out is that once you reach the cave where Mercer is, they teleport themselve to your location so the quest could continue. I never had any problem with the quest being stuck whatsoever. Oh the framerate is crap for some reason so i just bolt through the ruin to get to mercer.
---
Kill a boy's mother... and vengeance festers in the son...
#6knives out(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 4:19:53 PM
for master thieves they step on almost every trap
---
Man created god in his own image.