Daedric "princes" and their quests are really laughably lame

#1WayOfTheSwordPosted 5/7/2012 11:19:13 PM
With a couple exceptions at most (still have a soft spot for Sheo), the whole Daedric princes thing just feels really played out and tired. Between the just plain gross (cannibalism WTF?) and the ones that are supposed to be "badass" or something (like Molag Bal-sack), these quests without exception just left me looking at the screen with an expression of disgust over how lame they were.

Heck, some of them don't even have any type of resolution, you just get the artifact and then it ends, without the prince even saying anything further. If they do speak at the end, it's just the same variation of "Go do my bidding, spread my influence BLAH BLAH BLAH", all spoken in comically atrocious voice-acting. I was almost embarrassed to be playing the game during the quests, the writing was just that horrendous. Oh yeah, and thanks Bethesda for giving no real options for choice in how to complete them, especially if we want the achievement.

I'm glad I saved them for last so I could just blast through them, rather than have to integrate them into my character's storyline. That way, I could forget them as soon as possible. The writing is so bad, especially when coupled with the bugs, that it makes me shy away from all future Bethesda products.
---
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
#2RUNNERSHIGHPosted 5/7/2012 11:22:34 PM
Do you feel better now?
---
Look at the sunset. Light a blunt. Reset.
#3Master_AquaPosted 5/7/2012 11:22:34 PM
Daedric Quests have pretty much always been like that, back to Arena. Well, except for the bad voice acting. That came in Morrowind onward.
---
"Now observe... Luna's AWESOME POWERS!"
#4IamI3rianPosted 5/7/2012 11:24:19 PM
WayOfTheSword posted...
With a couple exceptions at most (still have a soft spot for Sheo),

At the VERY least, in Skyrim he's got it the WORST. His quest is Un-fun, and he's as un-funny as I've ever seen him. Also, that quest is almost mandatory if you want to have followers... thus almost forcing you to play through it constantly.

Personally, I liked (and still like) azura's and sometimes I even like vaermina's. The rest though, I usually groan through and don't bother.

Also, ebony mail is nice, but the REST of that quest just bugs me.

Seriously though, Sheo doesn't have a single funny line in this game and his quest is so stupid and un-fun (even the first time) that it just makes me upset.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
RIP MCA... :( A sad day.
#5WayOfTheSword(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 11:27:54 PM
RUNNERSHIGH posted...
Do you feel better now?

Yes. Yes I do. All warm and tingly, like I've had a deliciously evil hot toddy.
---
These aren't the droids you're looking for.
#6RUNNERSHIGHPosted 5/7/2012 11:29:22 PM
And isn't that all we ever really want :P
---
Look at the sunset. Light a blunt. Reset.
#7Ajd_KingPosted 5/7/2012 11:35:05 PM
Peryite's had real potential to be awesome.

Zombie plague, anyone?
---
"Give me back my face."
"No."
#8slothicaPosted 5/7/2012 11:42:11 PM
You'll notice that most of the quests in this game just aren't as special as the ones in, say, Oblivion or Morrowind. It's mostly because the over-use of Radiant Story; too much emphasis on endless, uninteresting fetch quests and not enough quality went into making memorable ones.
---
Official Vincent Valentine of the PS All-Stars Battle Royale Board
Official Maxie and Armored Rapidash of the B/W 2 Boards
#9krono069Posted 5/7/2012 11:57:51 PM(edited)
I don't like cake... O_O
No seriously. I hate cake. As in, "birthday cake."
It's all spongy and the frosting is way too sweet. Ew.
No thanks. *pushes plate away* I'll pass.

Some people think I'm completely insane for not liking cake. Shocked even. Appalled? Sometimes. But, that's just how I feel. It's my "opinion" if you will.

...you see where I'm going with is?
__
---
Asus G73 laptop? A thousand bucks.
My wife's reaction to a nude mod? Priceless. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U93D8l8B_HU
#10dave_is_slickPosted 5/8/2012 12:00:50 AM
krono069 posted...
I don't like cake... O_O
No seriously. I hate cake. As in, "birthday cake."
It's all spongy and the frosting is way too sweet. Ew.
No thanks. *pushes plate away* I'll pass.

Some people think I'm completely insane for not liking cake. Shocked even. Appalled? Sometimes. But, that's just how I feel. It's my "opinion" if you will.

...you see where I'm going with is?
__

No
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related