Hall of the Dead question

#1GuiltyGear1682Posted 5/8/2012 5:25:22 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how Hall of the Dead works, I did a search, few topics popped up and I learned that basically people who are dead go there.

Now my concerns are... Anyone that died (Unlikely?) or simply the named NPC (most likely?).

But my real problem is that Faednal the Elf Archer from the beginning is gone missing, I DID NOT kill him, I told him we will go separate ways for now and that's it. I went back to Riverwood from time to time and waited on different hours of the day, let's say at least it has been 15+ days since he is gone missing, I would assume he is died somewhere on his way back to Riverwood, but obviously I have no way to locate his body.

*Quick Note*
I DID NOT own any house when he is gone missing, and now I own Honeyside, and he is not there either, basically I checked most of the possiblites and no luck of finding him.

So yeah, if I DID NOT kill my follower, will he still sppear at the Hall of the Dead? I'm not near my console, so I can't check Hall of the Dead, matter of fact, I never been there before.

Any advice or suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!
---
Casual Gamer - Morrowind::Xbox, Oblivion::PC, Skyrim::PS3, Xenoblade Chronicle:: Wii
#2IamI3rianPosted 5/8/2012 5:33:24 AM
**SPOILERS** (minor at best)

If he's dead (and yeah, only named NPC's go there) he'll be in the whiterun hall of the dead. Riverwood is in whiterun. It doesn't matter where he dies, but SOMETIMES they won't make it back to the hall. I dunno why (and it seems no one else does either).

However, he could be in his house, or stuck somewhere.

Almost always, if Faendal (or Sven) die they send you an inheritance. So, another way to find out, would be to fast travel to whiterun (since you probably will anyway) then wait an hour. If a courier arrives with a letter of inheritance, he's probably dead.

Also, if you happen to kill one of them, the other will send you a thank you note :)
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
RIP MCA... :( A sad day.
#3GuiltyGear1682(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 6:12:56 AM
IamI3rian posted...
**SPOILERS** (minor at best)

If he's dead (and yeah, only named NPC's go there) he'll be in the whiterun hall of the dead. Riverwood is in whiterun. It doesn't matter where he dies, but SOMETIMES they won't make it back to the hall. I dunno why (and it seems no one else does either).

However, he could be in his house, or stuck somewhere.

Almost always, if Faendal (or Sven) die they send you an inheritance. So, another way to find out, would be to fast travel to whiterun (since you probably will anyway) then wait an hour. If a courier arrives with a letter of inheritance, he's probably dead.

Also, if you happen to kill one of them, the other will send you a thank you note :)

Oh haha, that's great! Thanks a lot!!

I guess the only thing for me to do is go to Whiterun and check the Hall of the Dead, I went to his house & where he works (Chopping Wood) at different time, no one is there @ either spot.

So yeah, Hall of the Dead is probably the only place I need to go at this point to clear my confusion lol.

Wonder where the heck did he go -_-, I mean yeah, I rip him off with his archery training, but come on, I did get him laid with the other chick lol.

Anyways, Thanks for the reply!
---
Casual Gamer - Morrowind::Xbox, Oblivion::PC, Skyrim::PS3, Xenoblade Chronicle:: Wii