New to game, need a house urgently. I'm right at the start

#1sPK2Posted 5/9/2012 5:43:12 AM
Stupid me is loaded up on hot jewelry and gems that I can't sell, and crafting mats I won't sell so i'm constantly real close to being encumbered. I just reached the second town (first town was one that nord fella at the start had me chat with his sister in)

There's a horse and cart out the front that will take me to any major town, but I don't know which one to go to, and I will need the cheapest house I can get cause I can't sell any of this stuff till I find a fence
---
Gamefaqs Logic: Anyone who asks questions about a game must be a troll as it's inconceivable that anyone not know every tiny thing about any game they touch
#2uwboy51Posted 5/9/2012 5:45:42 AM
Go back to Riverwood and go to Anise's Cabin - cross the river and head west along the river to find it. In the basement are containers that do not reset along with an alchemy lab and enchanting table. All for free too!
---
If you believe in Hypnotoad , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig
XBL - leftykyle19
#3gsninjaPosted 5/9/2012 5:46:18 AM(edited)
The cheapest house is Breezehome in Whiterun (The second town you mentioned), which costs 5000 gold and can't be bought until you've become the Thane of the city...meaning you'll have to spend time doing a few of the main quests.

EDIT: Or do what uwboy said lol
---
3DS FC - 5455 9389 5386 | GT: GB2TheKitchen
Ooo make it bounce, baby.
#4CorporalGiroroPosted 5/9/2012 5:46:01 AM
The cheapest house is in whiterun. You can get it for free, but you do need 5000 gold. Or you could go to riften and join the thieves guild to gain access to a fence.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
WWWYKI
#5VexNoFacePosted 5/9/2012 8:31:19 AM
Get a follower, put all stolen items in a crate, tell follower to take all, retrieve items that are no longer stolen from follower, sell items.
---
VexNoFace likes it rough.
If you're 25 or older and want a group of relaxed adults to play BF3 with, pm me
#6JRDeBoPosted 5/9/2012 9:49:25 AM(edited)

Get a follower, put all stolen items in a crate, tell follower to take all, retrieve items that are no longer stolen from follower, sell items.

O_o

You can tell followers to take stuff from crates, I never knew.

Edit:

Just tested it with some stolen black soul gems, when I took them back, they still were marked as stolen :(
---
Oakland Raider fan till I die. Let's just try not suck this year.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=jrdebo http://raptr.com/jrdebo
#7ziek2517Posted 5/9/2012 12:00:35 PM
You can store your items anywhere just make sure you come back to that area every week or it will reset and you lose the items. For followers ever thing you put in a container will be marked stolen. So just toss the items on the ground and tell them to take, they won't be marked stolen. But all items that are crafted into something else I.e. ingots, ore, gems, ingredients, it doesn't matter if their stolen. The final crafted product won't be marked stolen.
---
Silly Christians, myths are for kids!
XBL gt: o13th Warrior
#8elguerodiabloPosted 5/9/2012 1:22:46 PM
There's a ton of places with safe storage that are free.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62731820
---
TEATIME! B:^o
#9tpc8386Posted 5/9/2012 1:53:45 PM
Join the companions and use the drawers downstairs in the recruit bedroom. Easy.
---
PSN: Travosaga
Xbox: tpc8386
#10Gaming_EsquirePosted 5/9/2012 5:08:57 PM
sPK2 posted...
Stupid me is loaded up on hot jewelry and gems that I can't sell, and crafting mats I won't sell so i'm constantly real close to being encumbered. I just reached the second town (first town was one that nord fella at the start had me chat with his sister in)

There's a horse and cart out the front that will take me to any major town, but I don't know which one to go to, and I will need the cheapest house I can get cause I can't sell any of this stuff till I find a fence

Take that cart to Riften. Join the thieves guide with two easy quests. Boom. You have your fence.
---
And Caesar Wept, For He Had No More Lands To Conquer