Is it possible to do the Oghma Infinium exploit without buying a house?

#1WovenHandPosted 5/15/2012 2:57:53 PM
topic
---
PSN: WanderingMidget
#2Cast_SupremacyPosted 5/15/2012 3:01:43 PM
WovenHand posted...
topic

I'm confused..... you could just steal one... it's pretty easy if you sneak at the back of the whiterun stables behind a horse..
#3WovenHand(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 3:04:19 PM
It clearly says "house" not "horse."
---
PSN: WanderingMidget
#4DainbowRashPosted 5/15/2012 3:05:33 PM
I read horse the first time too. Was gonna comment on that. Hm. There's something fishy here, methinks.
---
Guys, guys, there's worse things in life than fighting about spelling.
Like terrorist or nuclear attacks, world hunger....oh who am I kidding. Spelling is.
#5IamI3rianPosted 5/15/2012 3:10:02 PM
AND... the answer. Maybe... The only way to (MAYBE) own a bookshelf without buying a house is to **SPOILERS**

Become arch-mage of the college. I've never actually tried acttivating those shelves though.

/END SPOILERS

Odds are good you need to buy a house.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Lettuce shower made by bees. Toucan Sam that's not cheese!
#6SadPanda07Posted 5/15/2012 3:12:01 PM
I'm quite certain that the current patches make it so the Oghma Infinium glitch can only be done with a bookcase, and you can't get a bookcase without a house, so...

I'm currently in the process of doing the exploit myself. I want to do it as quickly as possible, so I'm just gonna loot the invisible chest in Dawnstar to pay for Breezehome.
---
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/SadPanda88/geppettoqh4.jpg
#7IamI3rianPosted 5/15/2012 3:13:40 PM
SadPanda07 posted...
I'm quite certain that the current patches make it so the Oghma Infinium glitch can only be done with a bookcase, and you can't get a bookcase without a house, so...

I'm currently in the process of doing the exploit myself. I want to do it as quickly as possible, so I'm just gonna loot the invisible chest in Dawnstar to pay for Breezehome.

Does that mean the ones in the college in the arch mage quarters aren't real bookcases?
---
#8SadPanda07Posted 5/15/2012 3:19:45 PM

Does that mean the ones in the college in the arch mage quarters aren't real bookcases?

You said it yourself, so I don't know why you're being a smart ass, but you can't access those bookcases without meeting certain conditions, which would take longer than just buying a house.
---
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/SadPanda88/geppettoqh4.jpg
#9DainbowRashPosted 5/15/2012 3:21:05 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10IamI3rianPosted 5/15/2012 3:22:20 PM
SadPanda07 posted...
You said it yourself, so I don't know why you're being a smart ass, but you can't access those bookcases without meeting certain conditions, which would take longer than just buying a house.

No dude... what I meant was are they just shelves?.. Like the book cases in dungeons etc. that you can't access from the inventory. I wasn't being a smartass truly.
---