Necromage vampire build

#1hoax123Posted 6/7/2012 9:47:40 PM
Never been a vampire in skyrim, but with necromage and the upcomming dlc, i got to try it. Going to run a mage, obviously, and i take it i have to get necromage perk before the other perks?
So i cant really take enchantment perks to make lvling easier.
Restoration is already the slowest skill in the game, and without the 0% cost gear.....it will probably take a while. Some effective way to raise it, when i dont have unlimited magic?

What race should i start with? The reason i ask this, does necromage affect the racial abilities? Would a dunmer get a 75% resistance to fire, instead of 50%, would a high elf get 75 mp etc.

Any help is appreciated.
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#2IamI3rianPosted 6/7/2012 10:00:20 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63021033

See that thread. Also, a "good" way to train restoratin pretty fast, is to use turn undead on a draugr, and follow him til he's in a corner, rinse. reapeat as desired.

You DON'T want to level resto terribly fast though, since that's going to make you high level, with low level combat skills. As for the racials, I haven't checked. It's likely that they don't increase though. The racial "spells" though will, assuming their "normal" counterpart does. Really, I haven't tested racials with Vamp and Necromage though. Didn't even think about it honestly.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Rainbow Dash... she put the pwn... in pony. -Death Battle
#3hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 10:10:45 PM(edited)
IamI3rian posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63021033

See that thread. Also, a "good" way to train restoratin pretty fast, is to use turn undead on a draugr, and follow him til he's in a corner, rinse. reapeat as desired.

You DON'T want to level resto terribly fast though, since that's going to make you high level, with low level combat skills. As for the racials, I haven't checked. It's likely that they don't increase though. The racial "spells" though will, assuming their "normal" counterpart does. Really, I haven't tested racials with Vamp and Necromage though. Didn't even think about it honestly.

Thanks for the help. Anyway, i think it will be smart to lvl resto as fast as possible, because before i get necromage i cant really pick many perks in the magic tree. Better to be weak for a while, than going many lvls without picking the perks i want.

Also, does it matter if i take the necromage before i become vampire, or must i be vampire when i take the perk?
---
#4KaiserAfiniPosted 6/7/2012 10:11:03 PM
To make the most out of vampire necromage, you should try this build:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62136190?page=3

It is a ultimate hybrid build. In short:

+ All weapons enchants have infinite charges
+ Able to fully utilize all magic schools for zero cost
+ Excellent close combat skills. High survivability and ultimate DPS.
+ Magicka resist of 79% for fire , 97% for frost and 85% for shock (all these at stage 4)
+ Moves silently
+ Great for both combat archery and stealth kills
+ Hits armour cap with equips that have, in the worst case, 4 weight each.
+ Able to recover stamina and hp in the sun
+ Can create top quality enchants, weapons, armour, potions and poisons
#5IamI3rianPosted 6/7/2012 10:19:59 PM
hoax123 posted...
etc...

What kaiser says is very relevant. I trust him. :p A lot actually.

Also, no it doesn't matter which you take first, as long as both are taken before the relevant (affected) perks.
---
#6hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 10:23:33 PM
KaiserAfini posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62136190?page=3

+ Magicka resist of 79% for fire , 97% for frost and 85% for shock (all these at stage 4)
+ Moves silently

Amazing, did you come up with it yourself? Very detailed and solid build. Just one thing, you do know that with necromage and vampirism you can get 100% magic absorb, right? Not a big deal, but its better than 85% magic resistance.
---
#7IamI3rianPosted 6/7/2012 10:29:20 PM
hoax123 posted...
Amazing, did you come up with it yourself? Very detailed and solid build. Just one thing, you do know that with necromage and vampirism you can get 100% magic absorb, right? Not a big deal, but its better than 85% magic resistance.

Not to answer for Kaiser, but if you plan on summoning at all, you WILL absorb your own spells. At 100% that means no more thralls.

Worth mentioning, I've heard it floated around that there's a fix for that on the way, but don't quote me on it. Also, the atronach perk itself glitches out the staff that summons a dremora, which escapes my mind right now... sanguine rose? Yeah that one... won't work with even one rank of atronach
---
#8hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 10:36:22 PM
IamI3rian posted...
hoax123 posted...

Not to answer for Kaiser, but if you plan on summoning at all, you WILL absorb your own spells. At 100% that means no more thralls.

Worth mentioning, I've heard it floated around that there's a fix for that on the way, but don't quote me on it. Also, the atronach perk itself glitches out the staff that summons a dremora, which escapes my mind right now... sanguine rose? Yeah that one... won't work with even one rank of atronach

Yeah i noticed that there was something fishy about conjuration when i had the atronach stone, but i thought it was more random, not going all the way to 100%. Well, so the higher spell absorb, the higher is the chance of the summon failing, no spell absorb for me.

Also, speaking of thralls, the best dead thrall would be master vampire lvl 53, right?
---
#9IamI3rianPosted 6/7/2012 10:42:46 PM
hoax123 posted...
Also, speaking of thralls, the best dead thrall would be master vampire lvl 53, right?

Not me man... I know NOTHING of zombies (yet anyway)... I DO know with necro/Vamp the level of what you can affect goes up. You can get a Volkihar Master (or whatever) they're called, but honestly TMK, Kaiser, or really anyone who's ever cast the spell knows more about it than me. Jammy I believe also know a lot about the zombies.

Me? Followers. Them.... zombies. :/ Sorry man. I COULD tell you the differences between the AI and spell list, as well as combat behaviors of the casters (like Illia/Marcurio/Lydia with staves/Brelyna/Aranea/etc... all the way down to J'zargo. Nothing on zombies though. :[ sorry man. They'll wander along to help soon. I'm sure of it.
---
#10KaiserAfiniPosted 6/8/2012 11:45:52 AM
hoax123 posted...
KaiserAfini posted...

+ Moves silently

Glad you like it. Yeah, it was an original idea. I had this vampire necromage build stirring in my head for some time and wanted to see what everyone would think of it. To be fair, the videos by pms00 on youtube inspired me, as well as some posts in the bethesda forums. My current version takes one point out of augmented frost and one from poisoner and puts them into steady hand. Takes archery to a whole new level.

Magicka absorb could end up rendering conjuration useless, so choosing damage reduction was a decision based on my preferences.

Sorry to say, I don't know much about dead thralls. Never did manage to find two that were more useful than a pair of Dremora. Forums are also very vague on which thralls are best.