List of the new perks?

#11theonyxphoenixPosted 6/14/2012 1:06:05 PM
Enclave posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...
Looks like werewolves are still squishy and useless...

Well we don't know what Totem of Ice Brothers or Totem of the Predator do so maybe those will be the buffs that Werewolves need. I don't have high hopes though.

Basically, one of those should allow us to transform back and forth at will. The other should amp up our health regen and just toughen us up in general. That's what I'd do if I was making those perks.

Werewolves can go toe-to-toe with anything and annihilate them, especially with the DLC upgraded attack power. You can ragdoll any enemy with an unblockable power attack and you can stun lock dragons as well. However it is when you encounter multiple enemies either out in the open (annoying Forsworn archers) or have limited maneuverability in a dungeon that you have the most difficulty. Armor buffs would be nice but good summons are helpful to draw enemy fire.

I'm holding out hoping that Totem of the Predator will allow you to feed off of any/more enemies.
#12Dtothe3Posted 6/14/2012 1:06:39 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...

The first perk can take you upto +100% damage, it isn't limited to 25% as the post implies. Make a warrior build with stamina 50/health 50 and it could be a legitimate tazmanian devil build. Summoning another werewolf looks awesome. Not sure if it was proved, but werewolves armour *might* be affected by light armour perks.

Exploring and hunting in werewolf form is going to be an utter blast.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#13AddictedToXboxPosted 6/14/2012 1:11:48 PM
Dtothe3 posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...

The first perk can take you upto +100% damage, it isn't limited to 25% as the post implies. Make a warrior build with stamina 50/health 50 and it could be a legitimate tazmanian devil build. Summoning another werewolf looks awesome. Not sure if it was proved, but werewolves armour *might* be affected by light armour perks.

The thing is, werewolves don't really need a damage buff. They can shred enemies apart already as well as knock them down. They're glass cannons.
---
Come then, little Nord, let me beat you dead into the snow with the brainpans of your ancient forebears.
#14theonyxphoenixPosted 6/14/2012 1:15:06 PM
AddictedToXbox posted...
Dtothe3 posted...
AddictedToXbox posted...

The thing is, werewolves don't really need a damage buff. They can shred enemies apart already as well as knock them down. They're glass cannons.

Stamina as a werewolf is useless. They regenerate it at such a high rate you can almost spam power attacks. You can stun lock a dragon with power attacks and never buff stamina at all. Put it all towards health, maybe a few in magicka to cast dual-casted dragonhide.

As for damage buff...when you fight Draugr Death Overlords on Master you will be glad to be able to have a 400+ damage attack.
#15AddictedToXboxPosted 6/14/2012 1:21:40 PM
Totem of the Predator is most likely going to be a beefed-up life detection ability.
---
Come then, little Nord, let me beat you dead into the snow with the brainpans of your ancient forebears.
#16MJOLNRVIIPosted 6/14/2012 1:30:45 PM
IIRC Werewolf defense used to be determined by certain Light Armor perks before a certain patch. It's a shame that no longer applies. It's still nice that spells still work before you transform like the Alteration flesh one's.
---
You can't trust someone unhappy with their own ears. - FarTooSerious
#17Dtothe3Posted 6/14/2012 1:37:07 PM

Stamina as a werewolf is useless. They regenerate it at such a high rate you can almost spam power attacks. You can stun lock a dragon with power attacks and never buff stamina at all. Put it all towards health, maybe a few in magicka to cast dual-casted dragonhide.

As for damage buff...when you fight Draugr Death Overlords on Master you will be glad to be able to have a 400+ damage attack.

Might as well use enchanting to ensure you can cast the appropriate spells, seems a waste to take points in magicka when there is health about. Personally I'd still use a lot of stamina as I would probably still make good use of a two hander.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#18EnclavePosted 6/14/2012 2:06:19 PM
You know, I'd actually prefer not having to feed over being able to feed on any corpse to remain a Werewolf (also again, regenerating health is almost a must. Werewolves really are glass canons as somebody said). If you could switch at will due to a perk and that perk also allow you to stay in were form indefinitely. Well that'd be pretty cool.

That said, I don't think the regeneration would need to be as insane as the regeneration on your stamina, that'd just be broken. But they really should have regenerating health and at a decent rate. Not so fast that they're invincible but fast enough that they'd be damn hard to kill.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.