Horizon Mod

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Blade_Of_Ice

Blade_Of_Ice
4 years ago#1
Is it legal or will i get permabanned for trying to mod one of my characters using the horizon program

User Info: da_gama

da_gama
4 years ago#2
Try it and find out.
If you are interested in an ES Roleplay story go to the board in my quote

User Info: Paradox421

Paradox421
4 years ago#3
I highly doubt it. Plenty of people mod their save files using a PC version of the game, and none of them get banned. Plus, Todd Howard has said many times that he would love it if modding were possible on consoles, so I doubt Bethesda cares. If any would do anything, it's Microsoft, and the likelihood of them banning you for messing with saves in a singleplayer-only game is very low.
I think I know, I don't think I know. I don't think I know that I know.
I think I know even though I don't think I know. I don't think I think.

User Info: RebelElite791

RebelElite791
4 years ago#4
Paradox421 posted...
I highly doubt it. Plenty of people mod their save files using a PC version of the game, and none of them get banned. Plus, Todd Howard has said many times that he would love it if modding were possible on consoles, so I doubt Bethesda cares. If any would do anything, it's Microsoft, and the likelihood of them banning you for messing with saves in a singleplayer-only game is very low.

When they use a pc version, they're just using the CS/console commands, not adding third party stuff that isn't already in the game. Big difference.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

User Info: Paradox421

Paradox421
4 years ago#5
Eh, true. But I still don't see anyone getting banned over this.
I think I know, I don't think I know. I don't think I know that I know.
I think I know even though I don't think I know. I don't think I think.

User Info: xSourc3

xSourc3
4 years ago#6
I've done this for months. Nothing to worry about

User Info: TheFifthPerson

TheFifthPerson
4 years ago#7
From: Paradox421 (35) | Posted: 6/14/2012 9:23:28 AM | #003

It isn't Beth who would be banning you, it's MS, and they're pretty quick with that banhammer.
http://lostfacts.net/boards/index.php
http://crabdom.cu.cc/forums/index.php

User Info: NuclearBoy

NuclearBoy
4 years ago#8
I would actually advise against modding with Horizon. I have 4 characters, all modded, and I don't see dragons anymore. Less creatures spawn, too. All 4 characters and the only way to get dragon souls is to go to where they sleep at word walls. All four characters and no one to kill. :/
http://www.rainymood.com/ Enjoy your
http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k relaxing evening

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 years ago#9
RebelElite791 posted...
Paradox421 posted...

When they use a pc version, they're just using the CS/console commands, not adding third party stuff that isn't already in the game. Big difference.

I believe there is a video in the deepest darkest part of the internet that has Todd saying he can run PC mods though the Dev Kit and play them on his Xbox.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Blade_Of_Ice

Blade_Of_Ice
4 years ago#10
xSourc3 posted...
I've done this for months. Nothing to worry about

are you able to go online or did you just create a new account to use it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived