Deceiving the Herd *Dawnguard Spoilers*

#1NeoCrimsonCloudPosted 6/26/2012 2:48:08 PM
Who do I kill that counts as a high profile target?

Are there any targets that are jerks enough that I won't feel bad for killing them?
#2NeoCrimsonCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/26/2012 3:45:46 PM
bump
#3Arctic_SunrisePosted 6/26/2012 3:49:38 PM
Well, the Jarl of Dawnstar pre-civil war questline is a massive tool, perhaps he would count.
---
"I love finding threads like these, it's like walking outside and finding the city's been bombed while you were sleeping." - Blighboy
#4SilverJinzoPosted 6/26/2012 8:44:15 PM
Except the quest is for Whiterun.

I'm wondering if this quest is bugged, because I've been killing and reloading saves and no one seems to count as a "high-value" target. I killed Battle-Borns, Grey-Manes, shop-keepers, but no one seems to count. The third condition is always "failed"
---
Mass Effect 2: Will Trade Terminus Armor Code for Collector Armor Code. E-mail me at llewt2@yahoo.com
#5DarkBlademasterPosted 6/26/2012 8:52:01 PM
I'm positive that the quest is bugged. My "deceiving the herd" was for Windhelm. I asked a townsperson who the influential people were, and none of the given targets worked.

It's not a big deal (though it should have been resolved in beta), since the reward is just a randomly enchanted item.
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112
#6SilverJinzoPosted 6/26/2012 8:59:36 PM
Yeah. I just gave and drove the Ebony Blade into that crybaby Talos priest. Now that'll be some peace and quiet there.
---
Mass Effect 2: Will Trade Terminus Armor Code for Collector Armor Code. E-mail me at llewt2@yahoo.com
#7LordTalynPosted 6/26/2012 9:36:38 PM
Windhelm, Cruel-Sea shopkeeper woman counts as a high profile target
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, SoulCalibur V, Dragon Age Origins/II, Waiting For: Dawnguard.
XBLGamertag: Draganesti
#8kbuddenPosted 6/26/2012 10:24:00 PM
It is not bugged for Whiterun.. i managed to find a high value target.. Adrianne Avenicci is one..probably cause she is the daughter of the Jarl's advisor
#9AnimosePosted 6/27/2012 7:05:31 AM
I'm having the problem that it won't let me plant the letter, it keeps saying that inventory items cant be removed from my inventory...
#10AnimosePosted 6/27/2012 7:06:06 AM
Animose posted...
I'm having the problem that it won't let me plant the letter, it keeps saying that inventory items cant be removed from my inventory...

*quest items, not inventory items. I just woke up x.x.