DawnGuard Soul Cairn Questions

#11TheWastingLightPosted 6/27/2012 4:21:10 PM
Arctic_Sunrise posted...
I've got the skull, but no waypoint as to where to take it. :(

Yeah it annoyed me too that there was no marker... Is it a spoiler if I point you in the right direction? I hope not.

Follow the eastern wall of edge of the soul cairn, past the black gates though, into like the deeper part of the cairn. Follow the wall right round until you see one lonely Ghost standing near some pillars.. He's just past a Soul Vein on the floor. Don't worry about the wall bending as you follow it, stick to the eastern wall follow it ALL the way! By wall I don't mean the big black fortress type walls, I literally mean the barrier walls at the edge of the map that prevent you from going any further!

Good luck my Friend! If this has spoiled anything for anyone I'm sorry, but I guess you wouldn't be reading this if you weren't seeking answers in the first place...
#12TheWastingLightPosted 6/27/2012 5:03:46 PM
Also I would like to add:

A few people have said they used fire spells on the small pillars with the blue lights in order to open the iron gates in specific areas, I tried this and it's very time consuming as sometimes it doesn't always work.

However if you fire an arrow at one of those blue bad boys, you'll have those gates open in no time! Use a bow and make sure your arrow goes into the blue area and or goes through the blue area and the gates will open!

P.s ... Another hour of Soul Cairn exploring still no Reaper Shards...
#13jmcnattonPosted 6/27/2012 6:09:06 PM
If you're looking for the Reaper Fragments, each one was in the chest that was one of the closest (if not the closest) chest under a giant glowing gem to each of the three keepers. One was in a big castle, one was directly southwest of the keeper (you could see the two greenish blue orbs from where he sat) and one was in a building right next to the teleporter for the keeper that is up in the air. This is assuming, of course, that they're always in the same place, which I'm not certain of. Hope this helps
#14LynchinatorPosted 6/27/2012 11:48:51 PM
Does anyone know what the large, floating building in the upper right hand corner of the soul cairn is? You can take a portal up there and climb two sets of stairs, only to find another portal down. I look on the map and it shows 4 locked door icons though. Any idea what these are or what the significance of the tower is?
#15MechaWolfAlpha1Posted 6/28/2012 12:47:52 AM
I think the 4 doors are
enter portal 1
exit 1
enter portal 2
exit 2
---
Be Were
#16TheWastingLightPosted 6/28/2012 4:41:01 AM
Okay so here's the deal.

After a long time searching in the soil cairn I finally found some reaper shards in chests scattered quite randomly through out the map, all near the giant floating soul gems.

In the boxes they where listed as Reaper Fragment (2) - and I found 3 lots of those which totals 6 reaper fragments.

The moment I stepped into the reaper lair with the fragments the giant monstrous reaper himself appeared and naturally started swinging his massive axe at me. I defeated him and his loot was 3 black soul gems, 100+ Gold and his axe, but it was only a Iron Battleaxe.

I then placed the Reaper Shards onto the monument and an interface screen opened up in the exact same way that it would when you open a chest and I could again, take an Iron Battleaxe from the stand called Reaper. I took the axe and I was struck by lightning, yet the axe remained the same and I was virtually unharmed. I tried loading back up and then tested a number of things invade the lightning was a sign of me doing something wrong...

I tried taking the axe and wielding it instantly so that the lightning could hit it directly. I was hoping for some kind of enchantment, alas no success.
I also tried adding a black soul gem to the altar and exiting that screen to see if it powered the axe but again nothing, all that succeeded in was making me unable to access the altar.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this axe better? It just feels like there's got to be something more to this Iron Battleaxe, it doesn't seem like a fitting reward for killing the Reaper... Maybe there's even more fragments? I decided not to kill the reaper on my save game and carry on as normal so I can go back if I need to. Anyone got any ideas? Surely there must be more to it...
#17tuner240Posted 6/28/2012 2:06:53 PM
TheWastingLight posted...
Okay so here's the deal.

After a long time searching in the soil cairn I finally found some reaper shards in chests scattered quite randomly through out the map, all near the giant floating soul gems.

In the boxes they where listed as Reaper Fragment (2) - and I found 3 lots of those which totals 6 reaper fragments.

The moment I stepped into the reaper lair with the fragments the giant monstrous reaper himself appeared and naturally started swinging his massive axe at me. I defeated him and his loot was 3 black soul gems, 100+ Gold and his axe, but it was only a Iron Battleaxe.

I then placed the Reaper Shards onto the monument and an interface screen opened up in the exact same way that it would when you open a chest and I could again, take an Iron Battleaxe from the stand called Reaper. I took the axe and I was struck by lightning, yet the axe remained the same and I was virtually unharmed. I tried loading back up and then tested a number of things invade the lightning was a sign of me doing something wrong...

I tried taking the axe and wielding it instantly so that the lightning could hit it directly. I was hoping for some kind of enchantment, alas no success.
I also tried adding a black soul gem to the altar and exiting that screen to see if it powered the axe but again nothing, all that succeeded in was making me unable to access the altar.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make this axe better? It just feels like there's got to be something more to this Iron Battleaxe, it doesn't seem like a fitting reward for killing the Reaper... Maybe there's even more fragments? I decided not to kill the reaper on my save game and carry on as normal so I can go back if I need to. Anyone got any ideas? Surely there must be more to it...

AFAIK the alter is not supposed to be accessed like a chest. I was only able to hit "A" on it to automatically insert the three reaper gem fragments, and only after I inserted them did the Reaper appear (from which I looted three black soul gems, and an iron battleaxe). At least this is what transpired in my quest...
#18tuner240Posted 6/28/2012 2:09:27 PM
tuner240 posted...
Okay so here's the deal.

AFAIK the alter is not supposed to be accessed like a chest. I was only able to hit "A" on it to automatically insert the three reaper gem fragments, and only after I inserted them did the Reaper appear (from which I looted three black soul gems, and an iron battleaxe). At least this is what transpired in my quest...

Sorry for quoting myself, as apparently I am not allowed to edit my post, but the lightning is striking randomly from the ceiling inside the Reapers Structure.
#19DarkSpyro92Posted 6/28/2012 2:15:34 PM
tuner240 posted...
tuner240 posted...
Okay so here's the deal.

Sorry for quoting myself, as apparently I am not allowed to edit my post, but the lightning is striking randomly from the ceiling inside the Reapers Structure.

Ya know, considering it's the "Reaper" I would suspect the Grim Reaper, so why can't we get a full set of light armor that's his cloak, hood, gloves, boots, and scythe, to make us the next Grim Reaper since we killed the last one. Simple names for them, Reaper Cloak, Reaper Hood, Reaper Boots, Reaper Gloves, and Soul Eater (being that's the name of the actual Grim Reaper's scythe). So wth Bethesda? It would probably appease every hardcore gamer here ya know to have a scythe and look like the Grim Reaper.
#20ozznessPosted 6/28/2012 2:35:17 PM
Well i found all the soul gem fragments for reaper's lair, and it's nothing special. You fight reaper and some of his bonemen (reaper btw looks like a giant, less dead draugr). His loot is nothing special either, mainly just some daedra hearts. And for the bars with pillars, i think what you're talking about is right at the entrence of the soul cairn with 2 pillars with 2 green lights in it, you have to beat the main dawguard storyline and aqquire Auriels bow, get enchanted elven arrows from the elf (trying to include minimum spoilers) then return to the soul cairn and shoot out both of the green lights with the bow, and there you have it a chest and a piece of jiub's book. And finally for Jiubs quest, i found all the pages but unfortunatly i don't remember where i found them (sorry) but the loot you get for completing the quest is the jiubs book called "Saint Jiub's Opus) worth about 1250 gold and an amulet called "Locket of Saint Jiub" worth 2422 (there worth that much for me atleast, i have 100 speech) it increase stamina and carrying capacity by 50. I hope this helped atleast someone on this article and btw, none of these things listed are achievements.