DawnGuard Soul Cairn Questions

#21tuner240Posted 6/28/2012 3:19:12 PM
ozzness posted...
Well i found all the soul gem fragments for reaper's lair, and it's nothing special. You fight reaper and some of his bonemen (reaper btw looks like a giant, less dead draugr). His loot is nothing special either, mainly just some daedra hearts. And for the bars with pillars, i think what you're talking about is right at the entrence of the soul cairn with 2 pillars with 2 green lights in it, you have to beat the main dawguard storyline and aqquire Auriels bow, get enchanted elven arrows from the elf (trying to include minimum spoilers) then return to the soul cairn and shoot out both of the green lights with the bow, and there you have it a chest and a piece of jiub's book. And finally for Jiubs quest, i found all the pages but unfortunatly i don't remember where i found them (sorry) but the loot you get for completing the quest is the jiubs book called "Saint Jiub's Opus) worth about 1250 gold and an amulet called "Locket of Saint Jiub" worth 2422 (there worth that much for me atleast, i have 100 speech) it increase stamina and carrying capacity by 50. I hope this helped atleast someone on this article and btw, none of these things listed are achievements.

Just out of curiosity, what was your level when you beat the Reaper? Seems you got different loot than the rest of us (daedra hearts, where I got black soul gems). I was level 51.
#22plaguebearer_3Posted 6/28/2012 3:42:29 PM
where is the horse skull i cant seam to find it .... on that note the soul cairn is HUGE...
---
PSN/XBL: Plaguebearer3
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Xrist
#23tiamat8917Posted 6/28/2012 5:49:40 PM
ozzness posted...
Well i found all the soul gem fragments for reaper's lair, and it's nothing special. You fight reaper and some of his bonemen (reaper btw looks like a giant, less dead draugr). His loot is nothing special either, mainly just some daedra hearts. And for the bars with pillars, i think what you're talking about is right at the entrence of the soul cairn with 2 pillars with 2 green lights in it, you have to beat the main dawguard storyline and aqquire Auriels bow, get enchanted elven arrows from the elf (trying to include minimum spoilers) then return to the soul cairn and shoot out both of the green lights with the bow, and there you have it a chest and a piece of jiub's book. And finally for Jiubs quest, i found all the pages but unfortunatly i don't remember where i found them (sorry) but the loot you get for completing the quest is the jiubs book called "Saint Jiub's Opus) worth about 1250 gold and an amulet called "Locket of Saint Jiub" worth 2422 (there worth that much for me atleast, i have 100 speech) it increase stamina and carrying capacity by 50. I hope this helped atleast someone on this article and btw, none of these things listed are achievements.

You don't need Auriel's bow.
---
|h |e | n | t | a | i
My Anti-Drug. Gamertag - tiamat89 PSN - XxTiamatxX / Official Mudcrab Battlemage Wielder of SoulSapper
#24Mariofan4everPosted 6/29/2012 2:03:35 PM
For those who didn't know, the soul husks (harvest-able, ash-grey, coral-looking things) in Soul Cairn are edible, and they prevent the giant crystals from draining your health for about ten seconds.

You can also trade them with soul in the Soul Cairn items in certain categories, like light armor, spells, and weapons. I've only tried twice, and I saved before hand, good thing, too. He is yet to give me decent spells; the only thing I tried getting, as I was close to being overweight.
---
"You may have won the war, but the battle is just beginning" -Lamp
#25incinerator950Posted 6/29/2012 2:06:55 PM
I ended up fighting the Reaper without the gem fragments. When I found out that I wasted two hours running around looking for them, I was pissed.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/incinerator950/
#26TabascoFiascoPosted 6/30/2012 7:23:38 AM
I have a total of 4 reaper gem fragments, but I don't remember if I beat him already or not. Those journal fragments are hell to find, I have 8. I had to leave the soul cairn for the map location to pop up for the horse. But I have to cast the summoning spell for the horse like 5 times for him to pop up. I thought that was weird
#27TabascoFiascoPosted 6/30/2012 7:36:17 AM
The best tip for the soul cairn is to start on the outside edges all the way around and slowly make your way to middle. Pull out your local map and it will show you the areas you haven't walked/horsed to. It still sucks mind you. They should of made a separate map for it.
#28daishan35Posted 7/1/2012 12:54:30 PM
guess the only question I have is: can you re-enter the Soul Cairn?