Is the Moth Priest quest bugged? Dawnguard (spoilers)

#1Rude HeroPosted 6/27/2012 4:50:12 AM
Ever since I rescued Dexion, the moth priest, he has been hostile towards me. I spoke to him and then out of the blue he began to attack me.

So I thought okay I'll just continue down the quest, so upon returning to the HQ I go to speak with Isran and Dexion lunges ate me!? The Dawnguard lay into him good and proper buuuut, that's not supposed to happen, and thus, it is impossible for me to continue seeing as Dexion is supposed to be on my side >.<
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#2Tequila_ShotPosted 6/27/2012 4:59:18 AM
I'm just now starting this quest.

Don't Vampires have an ability to calm their opponent so that you can feed on them? Have you tried using it to calm him?
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#3anothrgamer1234Posted 6/27/2012 5:33:15 AM
That isn't a glitch. Did you check the vampire's note back at the ambushed carriage? It said that the vampires have him under some kind of mind control, so he'll attack you occasionally. Don't worry about killing him, though- he only gets staggered after his health is depleted. When that happens, you can interact with him safely.
---
3DS FC: 0989-1800-4373
#4SpazFraggerPosted 6/27/2012 5:47:04 AM
I don't get how some people manage to get glitched and others don't but by going to rescue the priest there are chances of it getting glitched so when you go to meet back with him at the Fort he will be hostile towards you.
#5SpazFraggerPosted 6/27/2012 5:49:23 AM
and once he is staggered he is permanently in a state of "Person is Busy". i've gotten to the point where I can talk to him about the scroll while he is still on the ground, he talks about it, but he remains there, and there is nothing you can do.
#6J2006Posted 6/27/2012 5:57:38 AM
I just made a post about this in this topic:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63233194

Hopefully you have a save you can reload, luckily I made one when I entered Forebears' Holdout.

It seems it's possible for Dexion to have the rescued dialogue before you deactivate the barrier and fight him. If that happens, reload. I was able to have things progress correctly and now everything's good so far, he's not hostile and he's walking (not staggered).
---
"You will be judged by what you succeed at, not by what you attempt."
#7madia4589Posted 6/27/2012 9:45:59 PM
I am having the same problem. I haven't even been able to play a day and I can't go any further in the quest. I chose to go with the Dawngaurd and I am wondering if it was a mistake. I don't know how some people's are bugged and others are not. Wondering if it is just the Dawnguard side of the quest since anyone doing the Vampire side seems to not have the same issues. I have sent messages to Bethesda about this and posted on their facebook but no response. I read about a few people who had to delete their old character and start all over again just to get it to work. If that is the case then it looks like my days playing Skyrim are over because I don't feel you should have to do that just to get some DLC to work.
#8madia4589Posted 6/27/2012 9:47:26 PM
By the way I have tried reloading. I have done it several times and still no luck. If anything he seems more hostile now lol.
#9megATOMOSPosted 6/28/2012 12:11:34 PM
it's glitched no matter how many times i reload

the rescue dialogue keeps happening before I fight the vamps
---
http://i.imgur.com/8GzlC.gif