Dawnguard freezing

#1Cadco25Posted 6/27/2012 8:43:20 AM
I've had the DLC freeze up on me twice now.
#2DarkBlademasterPosted 6/28/2012 12:40:35 PM
I'm having severe freezing issues. It seems to occur whenever I get near pre-dawnguard locations that have been altered by the add-on (example: a fort I had cleared before, but now dawnguard is sending me there to retrieve some item). I've tried redownloading dawnguard, as well as clearing my cache, but the problem returns.

I'm thinking about uninstalling Skyrim from the harddrive next...

Not sure what to do, as this is getting pretty terrible. Any suggestions out there?
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112
#3Jprime666Posted 6/28/2012 12:42:50 PM
I've probably had it happen twice in ~15 hours of gameplay. Once was on a fast travel, and once was while summoning the new dragon.
---
But... great wind! I'm... I... what was I saying? I'm... tired. you... may be right. Yes, I'm tired... I'll nap. destroy the universe later... - Niftu Cal
#4MushroomMajikPosted 6/28/2012 12:44:29 PM
its safe to say whenever Bethesda comes out with an add-on or patch, its best to make a new character to prevent glitches and bugs. it sucks, but hey its a single player game that wont go out of style for 20 years(at least for me) and the only reason i say that is because i put it up there with Chrono Trigger(my #1 RPG), ive been playing Chrono Trigger since it was released(i was about 10yo).
---
GT: Mushroom Majik
Skyrim, Modern warfare 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Total Miner: Forge