How to start Dawnguard

#1Jamese7eNPosted 6/28/2012 11:53:48 AM
I read that you have to talk to any city guard to get a hint about the dawnguard questline I have talked to several city guards and the one in riften for ages but nothing, my save is endgame but I am a werewolf will this stop them from giving me the quest? Im really confused as to why it wont trigger any ideas? Thanks.
---
GT = Jamese7eN
#2TheKyubiPosted 6/28/2012 11:56:08 AM
Make sure it's load up in the title screen. You know when the add-on is loaded when you go to downloadable content and you see Dawnguard on it.
---
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3roebfYWS1qam9fco1_500.jpg
PSN: TzEx0dus Xbox Live: Imm0ral Knight
#3RustyAfroPosted 6/28/2012 11:56:27 AM
I was also a werewolf and beat the main story, but i still got the quest from talking to a random guard in riften. Maybe use wait some more and just keep trying.
#4forrestzK08Posted 6/28/2012 11:57:42 AM
I was in Whiterun and a DG orc was outside the main gate and told me about the attack on the vigilants and then told me to talk to the leader. Getting to the castle is a pain. Had to fast travel to riften to get the compass to point to the actual entry near the black briar lodge
---
"Rawr doesn't mean I love you in dinosaur. Have you ever seen Jarrasic Park? It mean I want to f****** eat you!"
#5xDeadrebornxPosted 6/28/2012 11:58:29 AM
INSTALL IT TO THE HDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no idk
---
You owe the goat very much bed time.
GT xDeadrebornx
#6Jamese7eN(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 12:01:48 PM
Yea I checked the main menu under add-ons and dawn guard popped up so thats reassuring, guess ill just keep trying hopefully I wont have to restart or something :(
---
GT = Jamese7eN