Serana Post Dawnguard post MQ Discussion Vampirism. SPOILERS

#1LuminairePosted 6/30/2012 12:56:25 PM
Apparently Mods think asking a question regarding curing her Vampirism is a spoiler. Hopefull they get their panties in a wad again.

So I did some research and apparently Bethesda actually made your dialogue quest choices matter. So all those little things that you responded with might add up in in the end and migh allow you to cure her vampirism or make her mad at you for even asking.

I'm going to first try to contract Vampire Lord and heal myself of it and see if I can get that dialogue option to let me heal her. Baring that I'll restart Dawnguard from a previous save and note what my responses were and hopefully get the responses that will let you cure her.
---
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)
Now Playing:Oblivion/GoW(X360), Vagrant Story (PS)
#2Machspeed2Posted 6/30/2012 4:01:35 PM
Please do, because I'd really like for her to be cured and I can't get her to. I said good things to / about her during the quest.
#3Mister_KittyPosted 6/30/2012 4:10:17 PM
Why would you want to cure her? What are the benefits/drawbacks?
#4Luminaire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2012 12:15:25 PM
Ugh... The cure vampirism quest doesn't open up the option either. I figured it might lete her know how to cure it and allow the option but alas...

I'll restart the quest and note which options I choose now.
---
#53starborrisPosted 7/2/2012 1:15:28 PM
i think there may be more to it than that. i had serana with me for all of dawnguard, and chose only the nice options when speaking to her, and she still got mad at me.
#6brawl4funPosted 7/2/2012 1:24:18 PM(edited)
During Dawnguard...DO NOT ASK HER ABOUT CURING IT.
ONLY ASK HER AFTER HARKON IS DEALT WITH. Then pick the middle option when she asks why. She will go off and cure herself and return to Fort Dawnguard after a couple days. (In game days of course)
---
The Mysterious Traveler of the Skyrim Boards (360) :P
GT: PeskyBurrito2 N7:225
#7Luminaire(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2012 1:23:33 PM
I don't think it's necessarily the "nice" options. From what I'm reading you have to always frame her vampirism as a negative. IE She was forced to be a vampire and how Vampirism destroyed her family.

I'll redo it regardless just to be sure. I have a lot of time before it releases on PC and those folks figure it out.
---
#8vuviperPosted 7/2/2012 1:25:59 PM
brawl4fun posted...

Only ask her after Harkon is dealt with. Then pick the middle option when she asks why. She will go off and cure herself and return to Fort Dawnguard after a couple days. (In game days of course)

I did this except I've tried with two option and they both worked. I never tried the "I'd feel more comfortable" one though.

Mister_Kitty posted...

Pro: she doesn't get owned by your Vampire's Bane spell or Sunhallowed arrows.
Con: I imagine she loses her sneak bonus

I would say she doesn't get weaker in the sun, but I haven't noticed that she's weaker in the sun even as a vampire
#9brawl4funPosted 7/2/2012 1:26:49 PM
vuviper posted...
brawl4fun posted...

Only ask her after Harkon is dealt with. Then pick the middle option when she asks why. She will go off and cure herself and return to Fort Dawnguard after a couple days. (In game days of course)

I did this except I've tried with two option and they both worked. I never tried the "I'd feel more comfortable" one though.

Mister_Kitty posted...

Pro: she doesn't get owned by your Vampire's Bane spell or Sunhallowed arrows.
Con: I imagine she loses her sneak bonus

I would say she doesn't get weaker in the sun, but I haven't noticed that she's weaker in the sun even as a vampire

Well annoying fire traps in dungeons won't OHKO her anymore..lol
---
The Mysterious Traveler of the Skyrim Boards (360) :P
GT: PeskyBurrito2 N7:225
#10castigometerPosted 7/2/2012 1:30:15 PM
From my experience you can ask her about curing her Vampirism during the quest where you go find her mother Valerica in the castle. At this point she refuses to talk to you about it. I don't quite remember if you could ask her before this but this is my best recollection.

If you ask her at this point she will blow you off when you ask her again at the end of the main Dawnguard questline, though the dialogue choices seems glitched, they form a loop and only the mean answer ends it, and she refuses to speak to you about it afterwards.

I was never a vampire and did not choose to become one to enter the Soul Cairn, so I do not know if these choices also influence your ability to turn her back into a human.

So right now, unless it's a patchable glitch, reloading an old save is your best bet.