Scariest Moments

#1FrozenImplosionPosted 7/1/2012 1:33:53 PM
I'm curious what your moments where you jumped out of your seat were.

Personally, both of mine were underwater.

So, first time: I was casually raiding the sunken ships at pilgrim's trench. Now just a note, it takes almost a minute to swim all the way to the bottom of this trench and it is a tad unsettling just being down there alone. Then, as I'm starting to surface after leaving the last wreck I hear this HORRIBLE loud shriek and I just flipped the hell out thinking there was a new water enemy that dawnguard added or something. It turned out there was a dragon overhead. And apparently water doesn't dampen sounds in Skyrim. Go figure.

Second time was in dawnguard so...
*DAWNGUARD SPOILERS*

I got to that huge frozen lake in the Forgotten Vale, and I immediately went over to the waterfall and got in the water through the hole there. I was casually swimming around underwater, again scared because I could only surface in that one hole, and being underwater is creepy. Then all of a sudden as I'm swimming over to some sunken rubble a dragon ****ing bursts through the ice in front of me. I have literally not been scared that badly in a video game since I played Condemned. Amnesia didn't even scare me like that ;_;
---
We've both said a lot of things that you're going to regret, but I think we can put our differences behind us for science, you monster. - GLaDOS
#2TheOneWhoIsNonePosted 7/1/2012 1:36:08 PM
When I did Meridia's quest for Dawnbreaker. I always thought the spider fear in-game was kind of stupid. I'm not the biggest fan of spiders myself, but these things are animated. I am wholeheartedly sorry for thinking that, because when she shot me into the air, my fear of heights manifested full-force, to the point of a slight tingle of nausea in my stomach.
---
| I | z | u | n | a | | D | r | o | p |
My Anti-Air. GT: Hangman Effect || SteamID: Rel Skiba
#3Necro_Fear89Posted 7/1/2012 1:36:51 PM
Trekking through a draugr tomb when I hear a draugr walking around(Squishy footsteps) then I turn around and I'm in 1st person so I see a decomposed glowy eyed face staring right at me. I play with Turtlebeach so the growling didn't help any.
---
A great force, the power it holds can bring forth either salvation or destruction, at the whim of the user- Aura
Member of TBWNN.
#4SigmavirusXPosted 7/1/2012 1:37:03 PM
This game is scary? ROFL
#5FrozenImplosion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 1:41:22 PM
Draugrs sneaking up on me was pretty consistently startling! And to the fear of heights guy, I know what you mean, that sense of vertigo hits me like crazy even through a tv screen. The difference is, I love the feeling and look around Skyrim for places to jump off ^_^

My favorite so far was in dawnguard jumping off that SUPER high balcony where you get the bow. With Become Ethereal of course.

And the game isn't scary, it isn't meant to be scary whatsoever. But in every open world game like this there is a LOT of opportunity for stuff to be surprising. And most of the stories of that happening can be pretty funny
---
We've both said a lot of things that you're going to regret, but I think we can put our differences behind us for science, you monster. - GLaDOS
#6reptoid101Posted 7/1/2012 1:49:37 PM
Opening the Black Door to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary. *chills*

Once, I was going through a dungeon which happened to contain Falmer (which scare the piss out of me on their own). I was sneaking around, trying to avoid the hideously disgusting beasts, and it's completely silent through my turtle beaches. After searching one of the Falmer's shacks, I turn around to see one in mid blade swing, just as it emits it's piercing shriek. I had to pause the game for a minute to collect myself before continuing.
---
Black FC: 3783 4978 2962
#7CalistoCoonPosted 7/1/2012 1:53:25 PM
The Darkfall caves are pretty scary, mostly because it's meant to be scary, with the bridge that breaks as you get washed downstream and all you can do is watch as a bunch of spiders give chase to you.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#8Stormkid5Posted 7/1/2012 1:54:18 PM
Where is the Pilgrim's Trench? Is it near a city?
---
//NVBM//
#9EddMarioPosted 7/1/2012 2:34:49 PM
That lighthouse where the family was killed by the Falmer.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D51qi-ogjYE
#10dethK10Posted 7/1/2012 2:40:30 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Trekking through a draugr tomb when I hear a draugr walking around(Squishy footsteps) then I turn around and I'm in 1st person so I see a decomposed glowy eyed face staring right at me.

That reminds me of one of the greatest video game scares. BioShock's introduction of the rabbit-statue dudes. After wading through waist-high water in the dark, you turn around and there's a rabbit dude statue and you're like "I don't remember there being a statARRGHH!" as it suddenly attacks you.