Alright, Dead Dragon, stop following me.

#1duddddeeeeee16Posted 7/11/2012 9:46:49 AM
I'm not quite sure what to think of this. I was boosting some Detect Life at the top of Whiterun a few nights ago, and all of the sudden a random, grey dragon falls dead from the sky. It should be noted it feel from literally the sky and bounced a good amount upon impact, all without anyone killing it or a red dot appearing on my compass.

Well, I proceeded to loot it and head to The Companions, returning back outside only to find its skin was back and it was actually alive -- however, it was just standing there, breathing, as if it were alone. The craziest part? It was marked as "empty." Assuming this was a random encounter, I continued on and after about five in game days it finally disappeared.

It's now three days after that, and I keep finding the same grey dragon clipping into the ground in multiple locations -- all while being unsearchable but alive. It seems to follow me when fast traveling and is actually starting to freak me out.

Also, possibly unrelated, the people in the towns all react as if Dragonborn killed the dragon, coming up to me and initiating random dialogue about whatever they usually do.

This all happened after installing Dawnguard. If anyone has the slightest clue what's happening, I'd love to hear it.
---
I will destroy the wisdom of the wise.
XBL GT: WELL GUESS WHAT
#2timmyg316Posted 7/11/2012 9:48:51 AM
Sounds like you made a friend
---
PSN: TimmymuthpuckinG
RIP Eazy E - 11523
#3JimcamxPosted 7/11/2012 9:49:24 AM
I would have never believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes.

Pics or it didn't happen
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/onesixone/splode.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/onesixone/moron.jpg
#4IamI3rianPosted 7/11/2012 9:50:12 AM
All of A sudden. Not THE sudden.

Either way, I'd try to get rid of it. I used to have one that spawned (mostly) in the ground wherever I went.

11 days in dragonsreach should fix the problem. It CAN'T be good for anything having that floating around.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Piper Perabo is SO hot. I can't stand it.
#5Ronin_NexusPosted 7/11/2012 9:50:12 AM
Dumb question, maybe, but did you try attacking it? Maybe you can re-kill it.
---
"I bought a ward against logic off a traveling fortune-teller," Wayne explained. "It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."
#6duddddeeeeee16(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 9:55:28 AM
IamI3rian posted...

Either way, I'd try to get rid of it. I used to have one that spawned (mostly) in the ground wherever I went.

11 days in dragonsreach should fix the problem. It CAN'T be good for anything having that floating around.

In regard to your first point, I actually spent about a minute trying to remember whether it was "a" or "the." Being a grammar snob myself (curse you, AP style!) I feel your pain and appreciate the correction.

To the rest of your post, it sounds like you had the same thing I do. I can't kill it or even interact with it now, so I'll just attempt to literally wait it out.

I haven't noticed any performance issues due to it, thankfully.
---
#7Necro_Fear89Posted 7/11/2012 9:57:09 AM
Does it fight for you? Cause it would be awesome having it around fighting things for you.
---
A great force, the power it holds can bring forth either salvation or destruction, at the whim of the user- Aura
Member of TBWNN.
#8duddddeeeeee16(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 9:57:11 AM
ronin_nexus posted...

Sadly, I can't even interact with the one that spawns throughout Skyrim. I could search the one in Whiterun, but after that one disappeared, the new one is more like a ghost than anything else. I can walk right through it, and my weapons don't have any kind of effect.
---
#9Ronin_NexusPosted 7/11/2012 10:03:00 AM(edited)
duddddeeeeee16 posted...
ronin_nexus posted...

Sadly, I can't even interact with the one that spawns throughout Skyrim. I could search the one in Whiterun, but after that one disappeared, the new one is more like a ghost than anything else. I can walk right through it, and my weapons don't have any kind of effect.

Try shooting a fireball at it. It sounds as if the dragon is registering as dead even though it's following you, and fireballs are one of the few things that can affect a dragon skeleton, so why not try just to see what will happen?

And if you already tried that, I'm out of ideas.
---
"I bought a ward against logic off a traveling fortune-teller," Wayne explained. "It lets me add two 'n' two and get a pickle."
#10IamI3rianPosted 7/11/2012 10:04:12 AM
duddddeeeeee16 posted...
IamI3rian posted...

In regard to your first point, I actually spent about a minute trying to remember whether it was "a" or "the." Being a grammar snob myself (curse you, AP style!) I feel your pain and appreciate the correction.

To the rest of your post, it sounds like you had the same thing I do. I can't kill it or even interact with it now, so I'll just attempt to literally wait it out.

I haven't noticed any performance issues due to it, thankfully.

Yeah... YET. Mine was the same way... walk through it etc. It was however dead, not a zombie dracolich like yours.

Either way, 10 days. Well... 11 just to be safe. I promise it'll mess up soemthing somewhere.

I saw a vid once about a bear who followed a guy around like this. He attacked his enemies for him occasionally too, which was cool.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Piper Perabo is SO hot. I can't stand it.