Questions about Auriels Bow

#1BigReedPosted 7/11/2012 11:38:21 AM
I have about 117 hours, and I haven't enchanted that much. Can you recharge its ability? Or do you have to disenchant it and put it on another bow?

Also, is it better than the crossbow damage wise? My crossbow (Epic) is at 106 damage with steel bolts. My ebony bow is around 96.

My next perk I'm probably going to pick Elven Smithing so I can make Auriels Bow better, but I'd like to know if its worth it.

Thanks.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#2CarbideTitanPosted 7/11/2012 11:42:00 AM
It's more an effect like Windshear than an enchantment. You dont have to recharge it.

It only works with either bloodcursed or Sunhollowed elven arrows though.
---
I am a leaf in the wind, watch how I soar.
#3H3roicStrik3rPosted 7/11/2012 11:44:48 AM
CarbideTitan posted...
It's more an effect like Windshear than an enchantment. You dont have to recharge it.

It only works with either bloodcursed or Sunhollowed elven arrows though.

Correction: the sunfire damage requires recharging, but the sun rain and bursts from arows dont need charging
---
I have my opinions, you have yours. dont flame me for mine.
#4BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 11:44:59 AM
So the 20 points of sun damage and Undead taking triple damage are from the arrows?

The bow has a charge meter as well.
---
#5Andw96Posted 7/11/2012 11:50:17 AM
BigReed posted...
So the 20 points of sun damage and Undead taking triple damage are from the arrows?

I think it's the opposite, AFAIK, the Bow does the sun dmg, plus the 3x to undead and needs to be recharged (with filled soul gems). The arrows affect the sun and don't need to be recharged, as they are arrows.
---
GT:Andman13
#6infinitexxPosted 7/11/2012 11:51:22 AM
Andw96 posted...
BigReed posted...

I think it's the opposite, AFAIK, the Bow does the sun dmg, plus the 3x to undead and needs to be recharged (with filled soul gems). The arrows affect the sun and don't need to be recharged, as they are arrows.

Correct.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#7TrueAnarchistPosted 7/11/2012 11:55:07 AM
From a pure, damage dealt in one blow standpoint, the Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow is the strongest bow in the game.

It can also be improved and (double) enchanted, while retaining the ability to bypass 50% of the target's armor rating.

As far as DPS goes, a case can be made for the normal bows, most notably the new ones: Auriel's Bow and Zephyr. In the end, however, it will come down to preference.
---
Gamertag: Bboyd93
#8BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2012 11:57:05 AM
Alright thanks guys. I'll probably craft Auriels Bow and keep it along with my crossbow and ebony bow.
---