Bane Build

#11uniballer92Posted 7/12/2012 10:27:54 PM
Duckyhunter posted...
Bane is a genius?

I don't read comic books, but my understanding was that he was just the super-villain equivalent of a steroid junkie in the comics.

Check out the DC comics wiki, Bane is incredibly smart and deadly and just an all around Badass (yes I know wiki info isn't the best but it works from time to time).
---
I'm Not Even Remotely Dorky (send me a message if you get this and you will get props for it). Props given:10
Gamertag: Spudball
#12maturin1919Posted 7/12/2012 10:29:32 PM
I'm pretty sure 'Tom Hardy in a gimp mask' is going to be very close to the comic version.
---
GameFAQs: Giving English teachers strokes since 1996.
#13maturin1919Posted 7/12/2012 10:34:42 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Duckyhunter posted...
Bane is a genius?

I don't read comic books, but my understanding was that he was just the super-villain equivalent of a steroid junkie in the comics.

Sorta... but he is about as smart as batman. He invented/engineered the stuff that makes him bane.

Among other things, he speaks a LOT of languages too. :p

EDIT: Along the same lines... Frankenstein in the books was also a super genius, and taught HIMSELF not only his first language but many many more.

Great book, at least 50 times better than dracula.

Just a friendly PSA

Frankenstein or Frankenstein's monster?
---
#14Curved_Sw0rd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 10:34:52 PM
Sooo

That Intellect....

How do I emphasize thish?
---
Hit em with as much of the chub as possible. - Northernlion
#15maturin1919Posted 7/12/2012 10:35:24 PM
Duckyhunter posted...
Bane is a genius?

Yes, Bane has genius level intellect.
---
#16IamI3rianPosted 7/12/2012 10:36:36 PM
Curved_Sw0rd posted...
Sooo

That Intellect....

Collect books. ;p
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Deceive the rainbow!
#17DuckyhunterPosted 7/12/2012 10:42:49 PM
maturin1919 posted...
Duckyhunter posted...
Bane is a genius?

What little time I've spent reading about comic book villains, every bad guy who isn't purely meant to be dumb muscle is hand-waved to be a genius. So that they can be inserted into any leadership or chessmaster position that the writers feel like.

So yeah, he's probably smart, but it's not like his intelligence is what's throwing you across the room and into a cement wall.
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.
#18maturin1919Posted 7/12/2012 10:46:15 PM
Duckyhunter posted...
maturin1919 posted...
Duckyhunter posted...
Bane is a genius?

What little time I've spent reading about comic book villains, every bad guy who isn't purely meant to be dumb muscle is hand-waved to be a genius. So that they can be inserted into any leadership or chessmaster position that the writers feel like.

So yeah, he's probably smart, but it's not like his intelligence is what's throwing you across the room and into a cement wall.

I can name several Batman villians that do not have genius level intellect.

Bane is a genius and a tactical mastermind.
---
#19IamI3rianPosted 7/12/2012 10:47:13 PM
Duckyhunter posted...

It's just what invented the stuff that makes him able to do it. Six of one if you ask me. If he was dumb, he'd still weigh a buck ten soaking wet.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Deceive the rainbow!
#20Curved_Sw0rd(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 10:47:49 PM
IamI3rian posted...
Curved_Sw0rd posted...
Sooo

That Intellect....

Collect books. ;p

My God...

I just had an image of Bane all Venomed out and reading Shakespeare...
---
Hit em with as much of the chub as possible. - Northernlion