Is there a merchant that has lots of money?

#11th3warr1orPosted 7/15/2012 4:23:29 AM
Alesandros posted...
Spoilers

Beat the Thieves Guild questline and bring it back to its former glory (2 separate things).

You will then have access to a couple of merchants who:

1) Have 4000 gold

2) Are general merchants (can buy every type of item)

3) Can buy stolen items

tl;dr

Don't waste any perks on Speechcraft (unless you really want to). If you are only concerned with merchants having a lot of gold... just do the Thieves Guild.

Except bringing the TG back to its former glory is a f***load of work.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding. I am the god of Thunder and Lightning!
#12dmack316Posted 7/15/2012 4:47:39 AM
I think for early in the game the blacksmith in Whiterun and the guy that runs Warmaiden's both have a decent amount of gold if you're just looking to sell stuff.
#13ChunhwaPosted 7/15/2012 5:02:10 AM
My personal favorite non-fence would be Grelka in Riften, because she's both an expert light armor trainer and a merchant who will buy any type of item. Meaning you can buy training, then use her now inflated pool of gold to sell off all your crap.
---
One footstep among many is silent. One footstep alone is deafening.
#14gobuffalo30Posted 7/15/2012 6:14:56 AM
In my game, the trader at Riverwood has over 11,000, I think 11,500.
#15Mr_PopelPosted 7/15/2012 6:56:31 AM(edited)
gobuffalo30 posted...
In my game, the trader at Riverwood has over 11,000, I think 11,500.

True but this requires investing via the speech perk tree.

The thieves guild fences (including thieves guild caravan fences) probably have the most money (without using speech perks up to this point (5000 for me ... after completing all the thieves guild misc. quests + the speech perk that adds 1000 gold to each trader ... so probably 4000 for non speech characters)

th3warr1or posted...
Except bringing the TG back to its former glory is a f***load of work.

And pretty glitchy too ... i'm still missing my jewelled pitcher (won't spawn properly) and my E.E. trading map (won't activate properly) on the guildmaster shelf ... and i know i already did 125 jobs (because i've already access to the guildmaster safe). I know i't a minor issue ... but it's bugging me for some reason :-(
---
Hey i'm not camping ... i'm "tactically waiting" :-D
#16gobuffalo30Posted 7/15/2012 7:03:05 AM
True but this requires investing via the speech perk tree.

That might explain it. I was already invested in the speech perks before I went back there.
#17KaleRylanPosted 7/15/2012 7:45:24 AM
Gunmar in the Dawnguard for me has about 16000 gold. No idea why. Is that normal for him?
#18Legendary_MusasPosted 7/15/2012 7:46:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#19namewitheldPosted 7/15/2012 8:48:45 AM
KaleRylan posted...
Gunmar in the Dawnguard for me has about 16000 gold. No idea why. Is that normal for him?

His gold seems to stack, so if youre buying lots of stuff from him (for say smithing) he'll end up with lots of gold.

Its also possible that when he resets his stock his gold doesnt get reset so he ends up with double every time but Im not sure about that.