So theres no way to.... Spoilers about Boethiah's Calling

#1burdi1arPosted 7/15/2012 11:12:00 PM
to finish this quest without killing some poor soul? ive been playing a decent person and id rather just kill that creepy voiced lady but i guess i dont have the option? i must kill someone for this thing? why arent there ever any options to "not be evil" in this game. this reminds me of that haunted house mission where it turns out its haunted by something evil and my only choice is to just murder some guy. so i reloaded it and skipped going in just so i wouldnt have to do something evil. comeon, how about some choices in my rpg?
---
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
#2GriffRobertsPosted 7/15/2012 11:14:10 PM
Your choice is to not serve the Daedra. Your point for house of Horrors is fair enough, but the other guy will also attack you eventually if you don't do anything.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#3JoeSnake132Posted 7/15/2012 11:14:27 PM
A decent person wouldn't do a majority of the deadric prince missions. Thats why its funner to just RP evil dude.
---
which is better to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through effort?
#4howdyneighbor24Posted 7/15/2012 11:15:26 PM
The only evil follower (I think) is only achievable by doing something evil

Taste of Death in Markarth, talk to the priest that you first see in the Keep or he may be near one of the Hall of the Dead entrances
---
Pay Day. Let's roll!
#5AddictedToXboxPosted 7/15/2012 11:15:28 PM
I used the woman from the Namira quest.
---
Come then, little Nord, let me beat you dead into the snow with the brainpans of your ancient forebears.
#6Teabag_11Posted 7/15/2012 11:22:44 PM
There are boundless opportunities to be the good guy in Skyrim.
(SPOILERS)

Destroy the Dark Brotherhood, Azura's Star, choosing to spare Sinding in Hircine's quest, choosing to spare Silus in Dagon's quest, choosing to kill Namira's worshipers in that quest, etc. Almost every Daedric quest has a good guy outcome.

Even the two you mentioned can be at least neutral. For Molag Bal's quest, if you don't attack the Vigilant, he comes after you. Even the most righteous hero would kill in self defense. And as for Boethiah, you could *gasp* choose not to comply with Boethiah's wishes? No one is making you kill a follower. Just walk away. Problem solved.
---
Deez Nuts
"I believe it was Socrates who once stated: 'Blessed are the tea-baggers, for they are truly pwning.'"
#7burdi1ar(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 11:43:54 PM
^yea i know, i just hate having quests not being completed. maybe i can find some turd to fight and follow me up there.
---
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert
#8RalffyPosted 7/15/2012 11:46:58 PM
Honestly I gotta tell myself the stress of being destined to save the world is getting a bit too much to my character and hes assuming the ends justify the means in obtaining these powerful artifacts..yeah..
---
GT; Ralffyl0l
#9crimson_eviscerPosted 7/16/2012 5:57:59 AM
josnkae132 posted...
A decent person wouldn't do a majority of the deadric prince missions. Thats why its funner to just RP evil dude.

totally. But most games give you the option (or its required) to be an evil dude/lady. I like that ES games gives you a choice.

I also agree with Teabag_11, I've taken out the dark brotherhood, gotten azura's star, not helped those disgusting human flesh-eating Namira cultists (bloodiest beef in the reach indeed).
I didn't know what to do about Boethiah. I put it off for a long time. I tried to bring Serana there but the swirly thing wouldn't activate or whatever, and I figured there was a stipulation so that essential npcs can't work in that quest (probably because they can't die). So I walked away. I haven't completed Molag Bal but my coworker told me about it. I don't think I could do it. It just doesn't feel right. The same with feeding on someone.
There are plenty, in fact most games that let you or require you to be an evil person. I like that ES lets you chose your own morality line. its a problem for some achievement-hungry folks (NOT my jam, btw) but I like that I can be the guildmaster of the thieves guild but I don't have to also be in the dark brotherhood.
---
It's worked so far, but we're not out yet.
#10Ajd_KingPosted 7/16/2012 6:01:06 AM
Ok, I'm all for hating on Bethesda's lack of choice in Skyrim, but this is a silly complaint. Being evil is going to be a part of serving some of the Daedric Princes, it always will be, and a good character would avoid these routes fully.

It's like complaining that Bethesda doesn't give you the ability to stab an innocent orphan in the face whilst remaining morally pure. 'Good' characters simply wouldn't do it.
---
Head Assassin of the Fourth Empire.