Alduin won't land for a new game (or that executioner's taking his time)

#1pink_xo_punkPosted 7/23/2012 4:30:05 AM
Topic name says it all. No matter how many files I try to start, Alduin won't land on the tower next to where I'm supposed to be executed in the very beginning of the game, which keeps it from progressing. I've tried to wait it out, but after an hour of him circling I gave up.
Anybody else have this issue or better yet know how to fix it?
---
XBL - kaykayhyde
3DS - Zvar 3909-8047-8368
#2RebelElite791Posted 7/23/2012 4:31:48 AM
Reload.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#3Legendary_MusasPosted 7/23/2012 4:33:31 AM(edited)
Did this to me when I tried making a new character, you have to start a brand new game instead of using the autosave.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#4pink_xo_punk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2012 4:33:10 AM
I have, I've tried to make at least four new files, and none of them can get past that sequence.
---
XBL - kaykayhyde
3DS - Zvar 3909-8047-8368
#5plasmaraptor92Posted 7/23/2012 4:36:51 AM
pink_xo_punk posted...
Topic name says it all. No matter how many files I try to start, Alduin won't land on the tower next to where I'm supposed to be executed in the very beginning of the game, which keeps it from progressing. I've tried to wait it out, but after an hour of him circling I gave up.

If Alduin had actually let the Empire execute you this game would be very short.

He knew who and what you were and was actually trying to kill you, seems like in the TC's game he decided to let the Imperials execute the TC and its not working XD
#6RebelElite791Posted 7/23/2012 4:39:54 AM
plasmaraptor92 posted...
pink_xo_punk posted...

If Alduin had actually let the Empire execute you this game would be very short.

He knew who and what you were and was actually trying to kill you, seems like in the TC's game he decided to let the Imperials execute the TC and its not working XD

He didn't know that, at that time. Fate just happened to bring him out of his little timey wimey loop at that point.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#7DuckyhunterPosted 7/23/2012 5:03:22 AM
Try clearing the cache and re-installing the latest title update.
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.
#8Dtothe3Posted 7/23/2012 5:28:47 AM
Had this problem myself. Move dawnguard to a flash drive and remove it from the console. Delete all updates, create as many characters as you need. Clear the unbound quest. Re-install all and return DG to the harddrive.
---
I used to be capable of having children. Then I took an arrow in the knee... Xbox tag - Dtothe3
#9DuckyhunterPosted 7/23/2012 5:30:11 AM
You don't technically need to make a copy of Dawnguard, though it would probably be faster. You can always just delete and re-download it.
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.
#10tigunsPosted 7/23/2012 8:12:26 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again, the headsman is rethinking his career and Alduin has ADD.

"Maybe I should have listened to mother, she always said I was such a nice boy-" thought the headsman, as a shadow passed over him.

"LOOK! A town! Wait, are those trees? THEY ARE! I'm flying above mother effin trees! AND ROCKS! SO MANY ROCKS! I think I see a Deer! Nope, elk, damn. OMG A WATERFALL" thought Alduin the Frantic.

And thus began the totally awesome adventure of resting your head on a bloody stump.
---
Catchphrase!