Becoming a Vampire (Positives vs Negatives)

#1Kidzombie85Posted 8/2/2012 4:05:58 PM
Just got Dawnguard and I'm at the part where you can become a Vampire.

I see a lot of negatives (cant go out in daylight, people hate you), but are there any positives to becoming a Vampire?

What did everybody else do?
#2lenmuttPosted 8/2/2012 4:09:28 PM
if it's harkon making you a vamp then MANY positives just trust me :)
#3legend4ryg4m3rPosted 8/2/2012 4:11:23 PM
Go with the Dawnguard so you can get the Dwarven Crossbows and Exploding Bolts.
Then after the end of the questline you can still turn into a vampire lord by asking Serana.
#4lenmuttPosted 8/2/2012 4:13:28 PM
legend4ryg4m3r posted...
Go with the Dawnguard so you can get the Dwarven Crossbows and Exploding Bolts.
Then after the end of the questline you can still turn into a vampire lord by asking Serana.

but them you don't get all the snazzy vampire gear!
#5LordTrinenPosted 8/2/2012 4:16:01 PM
People no longer hate you as a vampire with Dawnguard installed. Before people would attack you on sight if you were a level 4 vampire. No more.

And you can go out in daylight. You health, magicka and stamina regeneration is just stunted. Get the Recovery perks from the Restoration school, take the Lady Stone and wear gear that boosts regeneration to counter these effects.

A vampire's fire weakness is lowered to just 50% as a level 4 vampire instead of 100% like before. Easily countered with enchanted gear.

Being a vampire gives you Vampire's Sight which I find enormously useful in dark places. Your Illusions spells are stronger, you are harder to detect while sneaking, you are 100% resistant to disease and poisons and up to 50% resistant to Frost (at level 4). And there are other bonus vampire powers which I don't use as often.

Also if Harkon made you a vampire you get the Vampire Lord transformation. It's awesome. And personally I enjoyed many of the vampire sidequests more than the Dawnguard sidequests.

Give it a try. If you don't like it, reload.
#6TheWhirrPosted 8/2/2012 4:16:20 PM
dawnguard get prettymuch everything. But if you want to really make use of the vampire lord form go with harkon. Overall just go with dawnguard cause they have everything. Don't worry Serena is on your side no matter what
---
Maybe, if TES:VI is in Hammerfell, we can have dynamic sand.
something about multigrain cheerios
#7Dreadsword101Posted 8/2/2012 4:21:12 PM(edited)
Kidzombie85 posted...
Just got Dawnguard and I'm at the part where you can become a Vampire.

I see a lot of negatives (cant go out in daylight, people hate you), but are there any positives to becoming a Vampire?

What did everybody else do?

- You CAN walk around in sunlight. You just can not regenerate your health, stamina and magicka and they are reduced in sunlight. It has been like this ever since Skyrim's release day. Where are people getting that sunlight causes health damage like the vampires in Oblivion?

- Stage four hostility is removed when you install Dawnguard and NPCs will interact with you regardless of your current stage unlike Oblivion. Just don't go transforming into a vampire lord in the middle of a town.

I would say that after Dawnguard is installed, vampires are quite fun to play as. The weakness to fire has been reduced (resistance to frost has been reduced as well however). The resistances to disease and poison seems to be broken though. You are also now able to feed on NPCs that are awake and standing up using vampire seduction. Bonuses to sneak and illusion are also quite helpful.
#8drake_skullPosted 8/2/2012 7:13:48 PM(edited)
You get a sweet castle if you join the vamps and once you are a vamp lord You are no longer hated and feared when you are a final stage vampire
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23