For those that bought it, is dawn guard worth the 20 dollar asking price?

#51Ajd_KingPosted 8/9/2012 10:40:08 PM
I wouldn't say it's worth $20, but it all depends on what you value in video games. Dawnguard had practically nothing I wanted.
---
"You can't garble these words anymore. Youve garbled everything. "
"Noght everghythighng. Noght yghet"
#52DrSubliminalPosted 8/9/2012 10:44:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 8/9/2012 10:57:30 PM
CaseyJonez posted...
I paid $20 for new:

-locations
-story
-gear
-skills
-status upgrades
-allies

Mass Effect 3 players paid $10 for

-a new ally
- an additional ten minute quest

TL;CR

Dawnguard is priced appropriately.

This could be the worst post ever. Should I even point out how many things are horribly wrong with this or can everyone figure it out? I'll check back tomorrow.
---
White FC: 0132 3012 2303
#54RedrarWaPosted 8/9/2012 11:25:14 PM
Running into Jiub is worth the $20. I nearly lost my mind.
---
And now for something completely different.
#55tzar_666Posted 8/10/2012 12:43:08 AM
alex1_2_3_4_5 posted...
CaseyJonez posted...
I paid $20 for new:

-locations
-story
-gear
-skills
-status upgrades
-allies

Mass Effect 3 players paid $10 for

-a new ally
- an additional ten minute quest

TL;CR

Dawnguard is priced appropriately.

This could be the worst post ever. Should I even point out how many things are horribly wrong with this or can everyone figure it out? I'll check back tomorrow.

worst post ever. damd son. you need to read some of my whodingers
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#56PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 8/14/2012 12:27:00 PM
Did someone really compare price and content of a modern DLC to old school games?!

That is just laughable! I have to make this post because of that, it's just ludicrous.

Any mario game for NES *OR* SNES
Lolo 1 and 2
DKC1-3
Chrono Trigger
FF 1-6

^Off the top of my head, a slew of games with almost hundreds more hours of content than DG (favorites from my childhood), that you can buy nowadays for five or ten buck downloads. Oh and games have alwauys cost $50-$60, not sure what point crimson eviscer was trying to make, but yeah.... whatever it was I think I just made it moot.

Seriously, I'm almost 30. I've played a lot of games, read a lot of books, watched a lot of movies. Skyrim and DG are nothing special, and the more media I take in the more it is apparent. $20 is WAY TOO MUCH money for what DG brings to the table, no matter how you look at it. This is going to sound elitist, but youngsters just can't understand. Good for you younglings though, this stuff must seem like a masterpiece lol. Otherwise if you're like me and have seen a lot of stuff and still like DG and think it's worth it, good for you! I don't agree.

BTW, I discovered the crap out of DG, the forgotten Vale is a nice big pretty area with not much to do besides.... explore and kill things. Not what I call a ton of content, sorry. And the Soul Cairn is a joke. I can't believe they even tried to make it out to be anything other than that. The Snow Elves were one of the biggest disappointments in gaming I have ever experienced (They tell you pretty much jack squat for lore and history). As well as the DG themselves and Castle Volkihar (which magically appears when you install the plug in - you'd think people in vanilla would, you know, notice that, course I played the DG side so maybe I missed the bit about the castles magicval appearance explanation). And to people who think "DG answers questions" you must not be very curious. When was Harkon king? What was he king of? Were snow elvews around when he was alive? How did the Falmer come to be so nasty? - all of these questions are dismissed by the player, like the PC just doesn't give a crap.

I only post all of this to dissuade people from wasting money. If you're a poor, video game obsessed SOB like myself DG is by no means cost effective. If you're a moneybags daddy warbucks go for it, but don't try to tell me you know the value of money because you obviously do not.

And lastly, crimson.... seriously dude? I'm supposed to type fanboy/girl? I don't think so. If you're gonna hang out at a sausage party, don't expect special treatment. Besides, I almost *always* use general terms like "they" "people" "person" instead of he/she/hers - lol you picked out the one time I didn't. Good job.

Man, wall of text.... I didn't even notice.... crap... I hate longwinded posts.....

Tldr; DG aint worth the moolah
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#57KatharoniePosted 8/14/2012 12:28:59 PM
Chunhwa posted...
20 dollars is nothing. It has more content than many 60 dollar games.

That's a valid point.
---
"Just because the story isn't for everyone doesn't mean it's a bad game." -Brimuslabus
#58R41NB0W-D45HPosted 8/14/2012 12:33:22 PM
Dawnguard is definitely worth a twenty-dollar asking price. However, it isn't priced at twenty dollars. It's priced at roughly twenty-two dollars, meaning anybody that doesn't have 200 MSP on-hand will actually have to spend forty dollars to get the DLC. Was kind of a dick move on Bethesda's part, since Microsoft cards only come in 1400 MSP increments. But if you have something else worth buying as well, or if you already have 200 MSP laying around, it's definitely worth the money.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v7e7UtAfPg
Best song ever, by the best band ever! Sing it, Dorothy!
#59Matt_256Posted 8/14/2012 1:57:23 PM
bretopher posted...
$20 dollars is chump change for anyone with a decent job. It was a great DLC with a lot of content. Easily worth it.

Decent job..? I don't think you need a "decent" job to afford $20 content. $20 isn't even a lot of money to a homeless person now days let alone someone with a good job lol. It's not whether if you think you can afford it or not, the discussion is whether or not the content matches the pricing scheme.
#60namewitheldPosted 8/14/2012 2:07:11 PM
At first I thought Dawnguard was crap. Like really crap, I spent time doing radiant quests just after I started the questline and thusly was just dungeon trawling in areas Id already been to. Having since played through it two times (both sides) Id say its worth easily 20 of your american monies.

The only dissapointment is that both sides (vamp/dawnguard) quests dovetail after only a couple of quests, I understand why its done (they didnt want to be seen to be forcing people to play through twice....) but it cuts the replayability in half.