Why was Ulfric arrested for killing the King in a duel?

#21zeroboboPosted 8/18/2012 9:47:09 PM
he was never arrested for killing the king, they tried to arrest him for that, but he escaped, he was arrested more for starting the rebellion and starting a civil war lol
#22RikiazPosted 8/18/2012 9:48:59 PM
rodman870 posted...
They said the thu'um he used was unfair. Sort of like agreeing to a knife fight duel then pulling out a gun.

Get it?

No it's not. It's like agreeing to a fight with no explicit terms and then when you lose your friend says it was unfair even though you never agreed to any rules.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#23assassin2568Posted 8/18/2012 9:52:48 PM
the thu'um isnt a cheap trick. its not Ulfrics fault he had the foresight to train for years as a child to be prepared for a situation just like that
---
sigless since 5/18/2012
#24FrogEyezPosted 8/18/2012 9:54:04 PM
ulfric did not follow the way of the voice. the greybeards are very disappointed :-/
---
GT - JeDDyD
#25deadpool223Posted 8/18/2012 10:07:15 PM
ulfric used a nordic weapon in a nordic duel, thats plenty Honorable.

it WAS however a trick. they both knew ulfric would win, but either way he could stir up a rebellion
if torygge turned the fight down he would be seen as dishonorable, and thus unfit to rule. and ulfric would have rightful claim to the throne, he fought and lost, thus ulfric has rightful claim to the throne.
a nordic king must be able to defend himself, or he cant defend a entire country.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#26Brenz0rPosted 8/18/2012 10:22:04 PM
deadpool223 posted...
a nordic king must be able to defend himself, or he cant defend a entire country.

That really is a ridiculous argument. Defending a country is completely different from a one-on-one duel.

Still, nobody ever said the Nords have an overabundance of intelligence.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#27F_GalikanokusPosted 8/18/2012 11:00:13 PM
FrogEyez posted...
ulfric did not follow the way of the voice. the greybeards are very disappointed :-/

Well it could be argued that it was infact in service of the gods.
---
"Sometimes I wonder,will God ever forgive us for what we've done to each other? Then I look around and I realise,God left this place a long time ago."
#28GriffRobertsPosted 8/18/2012 11:14:35 PM
F_Galikanokus posted...
FrogEyez posted...

Well it could be argued that it was infact in service of the gods.

Doesn't matter. The Greybeards believe that the Voice is to be used strictly for worship, and never for violence (well, unless they notice you trying to murder them). The only exception is the Dragonborn, who gets to roflstomp anyone he sees with a good scream.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#29jammymacsterPosted 8/18/2012 11:16:59 PM(edited)
Jstretch19 posted...
BS excuse is BS. If they're going to allow a Nordic tradition like that, they have to include all facets of said tradition.

Just because it was Nordic doesn't mean the Thu'um is part of the tradition. They also like to drink a damn lot but it doesn't mean that they had to down a pint every time they received a wound.

However, I highly doubt that the tradition forbids the use of the Thu'um, but then I also suspect it may never happened before. As another poster mentioned I feel that it isn't murder but it is a dick move.

Ulfric knew that with his Thu'um Torygg wouldn't stand a chance and he also knew that Torygg you would accept even knowing this so he took advantage of that.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#30RebelElite791Posted 8/18/2012 11:24:36 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
FrogEyez posted...
"I faced him fearlessly - my fate inescapable, yet my honor is unstained - can Ulfric say the same?"

And you're also dead. Can Ulfric say the same?

In my file he can. And he also expresses sorrow over his misguided war.

Funny, that.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.