Mage followers robes?

#1ROT10RYANPosted 8/20/2012 10:30:43 PM
Any way to get them to change them? I was thinking maybe Arenea would be able to wear different robes if I gave her the Diadem of the Savant and a different set of robes, anybody already try this?
#2headscar918Posted 8/20/2012 10:37:47 PM
Follower stuff is based on whatever they'd get the most defense value from.
---
The official Daedric Rock of the Skyrim Board.
Cheers, brah.
#3theonyxphoenixPosted 8/20/2012 10:39:50 PM
It is pretty much impossible to get followers to change robes. Novice = Master as far as armor value and followers will only equip something with a superior armor value. Diadem of the Savant could possibly work since it has a rating, but robes you're stuck with unless you actually use armor.
---
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
The Wolf Man - (1941)
#4IamI3rianPosted 8/20/2012 10:45:42 PM
PIckpocket them with the perks, but leave one piece on them (Boots are good for this)... if you can't/don't want to spend the perks, you can paralyze them (Ice form for example) and while they're getting back up, you can pickpocket their stuff.

You may have to dismiss them first, I'm unclear on the details (since most of my characters pick up the perks in pickpocket).

Anyway, once they're "Naked" (but still leave one piece, otherwise their "default" stuff will respawn)... you can give them whatever stuff you want. Master robes etc...

I'd like to mention though, that I'm not certain that Fortify Magicka Regen actually WORKS on followers, and most only have mage armor 1 anyway (and use stoneflesh) so odds are good armor + flesh spell > Flesh spell + mage armor.

Anyway, hope that helps. = )
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Oy Crabcakes. What're ya lookin' at?
#5theonyxphoenixPosted 8/20/2012 10:55:57 PM
D'oh. I forgot about pickpocketing. Must..be...getting....zzzzz

IamI3rian -1
t.o.p. - 0
---
Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright.
The Wolf Man - (1941)
#6IamI3rianPosted 8/20/2012 10:57:17 PM(edited)
Go me. = )
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Oy Crabcakes. What're ya lookin' at?
#7ROT10RYAN(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 10:58:39 PM
Thanks, I agree with the armor+flesh spell thing, right now I'm just doing stuff for poops n gigs. It'd be fun to have a mage running around bamfing in a pair of Ragged Trousers, or set one up to look like an Archmage.