In game brightness settings and reference levels?

#1AutomissionPosted 8/28/2012 7:19:29 AM
Hi all, can I ask what everyone has their in game brightness settings set to, and also the reference levels in the xbox 360 settings, i.e standard, intermediate, expanded?

Only, everytime I play skyrim i find a lot of caves and certain buildings are so dark, i can't see even with mage light spells and torches. I often have to set my tv to all the brightest settings to be able to see my way.

Just wondering if it's my tv, or the reference levels on the 360.

I have reference levels set to expanded (will change this tonight) and my in game brightness setting is one click away from the brightest option, and it still looks pretty dark.
#2Wonder_BredPosted 8/28/2012 7:50:51 AM
I change my brightness all the time. Right now I have it cranked up all the way cause I got tired of casting light spells and torches. I usually have it about half way though. Don't know what my reference levels are set to.
---
I should go.
#3Automission(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:45:10 AM
really? half way? Half way for me is pitch black in nearly all environments!
#4VasDeferensPosted 8/28/2012 9:46:24 AM
Wonder_Bred posted...
I change my brightness all the time. Right now I have it cranked up all the way cause I got tired of casting light spells and torches. I usually have it about half way though. Don't know what my reference levels are set to.

But won't that make daylight or well lighted rooms have that bleached out look ?
---
Team Aela vs. Team Serana
#5Automission(Topic Creator)Posted 8/28/2012 9:50:55 AM
VasDeferens posted...
Wonder_Bred posted...

But won't that make daylight or well lighted rooms have that bleached out look ?

What, at the half way mark? Mine is fully cranked right and the gameworld still looks dark!
#6tzar_666Posted 8/28/2012 10:10:06 AM
Automission posted...
VasDeferens posted...
Wonder_Bred posted...

What, at the half way mark? Mine is fully cranked right and the gameworld still looks dark!

do you have sdtv or hdtv
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#7tzar_666Posted 8/29/2012 2:00:38 AM
i think he died
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#8Automission(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2012 2:28:15 AM
tzar_666 posted...
Automission posted...
VasDeferens posted...
Wonder_Bred posted...

do you have sdtv or hdtv

HDTV
#9tzar_666Posted 8/29/2012 2:38:09 AM
Automission posted...
tzar_666 posted...
Automission posted...
VasDeferens posted...
Wonder_Bred posted...

do you have sdtv or hdtv

HDTV

did you adjust the game or tv settings you have to do both or your playing in dark. also dont use the "game" settings on your tv its to dark. also only play on 720 420 looks crappy 1080 looks crappy
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2