Housecarls

#11LordTrinenPosted 9/6/2012 4:54:36 PM
admiral84 posted...
LordTrinen posted...
If you build a house do the new housecarls ever go inside? Or do they wander outside back and forth?

I already made my housecarls stewards so they are inside the house but I want to know what they do if you make someone else steward.

Everyone who lives on the property will path around it randomly, as for the animals, I'm not sure. I have chickens only so far and the just stay inside their little area, never seen them walk out the opening yet.

But do the housecarls technically "live" in the houses as soon as you build them? Lydia "lives" in Dragonsreach until you buy Breezehome and she automatically moves there. Is it the same case here?
#12admiral84(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 6:43:40 AM
LordTrinen posted...
admiral84 posted...
LordTrinen posted...
If you build a house do the new housecarls ever go inside? Or do they wander outside back and forth?

I already made my housecarls stewards so they are inside the house but I want to know what they do if you make someone else steward.

Everyone who lives on the property will path around it randomly, as for the animals, I'm not sure. I have chickens only so far and the just stay inside their little area, never seen them walk out the opening yet.

But do the housecarls technically "live" in the houses as soon as you build them? Lydia "lives" in Dragonsreach until you buy Breezehome and she automatically moves there. Is it the same case here?

Yeah, there's even beds you can add in the main hall that the housecarl and steward will sleep in, until you make/buy them they wander aimlessly around your plot.
---
XBL Tag: StandloneCmplex
That's funny, my kids are called Morrowind, Vivec and Mudcrab Merchant. ~Solusx2
#13SupernautusPosted 9/7/2012 7:46:07 AM
The housecarls do head to your hearthfire houses, and act as guards, they'll live there, and you can take different followers to be your steward, to ensure you have two people guarding your house.
#14tzar_666Posted 9/7/2012 7:56:50 AM
stewards go outside i dont know about housecarls
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#15SplinterscatPosted 9/7/2012 9:32:17 AM
Yesterday, I became Thane of Falkreath. So, before heading home, I did some shopping in Falkreath. Instead of fast traveling, I just rode my horse back to the house, and I passed the Housecarl who was also heading to the house. (She did make it to the house, and I did not ask her to be my steward).

So, I went about my business by continuing my work on upgrading the house. After a while, I didn't know where she had wandered off to, so I looked around for her. I found her coming down the lane towards the house. I guess she decided to take a walk.

She then proceeded to go inside and take a stroll on top of the dining room table in the hall.

So, to answer your question, yes, they go outside.... just hope that she/he doesn't step in anything before they go back inside.
---
There's Me, Myself and I; if they don't say, I might.
I'm running down the highway, looking for the enemy... Dang, I was killed.
#16tzar_666Posted 9/7/2012 9:36:50 AM
Splinterscat posted...
Yesterday, I became Thane of Falkreath. So, before heading home, I did some shopping in Falkreath. Instead of fast traveling, I just rode my horse back to the house, and I passed the Housecarl who was also heading to the house. (She did make it to the house, and I did not ask her to be my steward).

So, I went about my business by continuing my work on upgrading the house. After a while, I didn't know where she had wandered off to, so I looked around for her. I found her coming down the lane towards the house. I guess she decided to take a walk.

She then proceeded to go inside and take a stroll on top of the dining room table in the hall.

So, to answer your question, yes, they go outside.... just hope that she/he doesn't step in anything before they go back inside.

tell your kids to do there chores they will clean the mess
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#17SplinterscatPosted 9/7/2012 9:54:50 AM
tzar_666 posted...
tell your kids to do there chores they will clean the mess

I'll do that... when I adopt the children. I think I missed up on the family home, though, by not adding the bedroom addition. (I chose the Enchanter's Tower for the view).

According to some here, there can be me, the kids, a steward, spouse, and Housecarl but, without the bedroom, I can't hire the bard. I'm okay with this; I do not need a bard for my family home. But, I want to keep my follower. I also do not want to make the Housecarl the Steward.

So, now I'm wondering if I have to make the Housecarl a Steward so that I can keep my follower, Jenessa (sp?).
---
There's Me, Myself and I; if they don't say, I might.
I'm running down the highway, looking for the enemy... Dang, I was killed.
#18MaeburePosted 9/11/2012 4:16:53 PM
there are a lot of potential followers in the game. Some will follow you for doing simple favors (the love triangle quest in Riverwood for example) and others for an upfront fee. So just get another follower and hire them instead.
---
Reading is good. It improves your vocabulary, expands your imagination and provides endless amounts of information.