Falkreath Land Plot glitch...

#11EddMarioPosted 9/4/2012 1:38:41 PM
There's a glitch involved with the Flakreath plot? On the character I bought it on, Falkreath was the only non-major hold I've been to, so as soon as I exited a building a courier came up to me with a letter from the Jarl. I went to the Jarl, killed a bandit leader for him, and was able to buy the plot of land. Well, as soon as I got 5k gold anyway...
---
"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
#12weapon_d00d816Posted 9/4/2012 1:41:36 PM
I'm a thane of Falkreath and I also killed the Jarl's housecarl as a part of the dark brotherhood. Is that what's stopping me?
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#13dyzePosted 9/4/2012 1:42:16 PM
Well you don't need to BE thane, in order to buy land. You simply need to start working towards it.
When you get the Misc quest to help people to become thane, then you're also able to buy land.

In falkreath, all you need to do is two quests for the Jarl, not the steward. Fetch him some booze, and slay some bandits, after that he should tell you he needs another Thane and that you're allowed to buy land, at which point the "helping people in Falkreath x/3" should pop up, and his steward should have the option of "Buying a House".

I remember reading something about imperial/stormcloak questline switching the jarl/stewards of Falkreath? havn't done the questline yet, so idk. It's possible your talking with the wrong stewards because of that.
I believe the steward that allowed me to buy falkreath was an altmer female, Naniey? or something. Not sure who it is after imperial/stormcloak questline.
#14weapon_d00d816Posted 9/4/2012 1:55:32 PM
dyze posted...
Well you don't need to BE thane, in order to buy land. You simply need to start working towards it.
When you get the Misc quest to help people to become thane, then you're also able to buy land.

In falkreath, all you need to do is two quests for the Jarl, not the steward. Fetch him some booze, and slay some bandits, after that he should tell you he needs another Thane and that you're allowed to buy land, at which point the "helping people in Falkreath x/3" should pop up, and his steward should have the option of "Buying a House".

I remember reading something about imperial/stormcloak questline switching the jarl/stewards of Falkreath? havn't done the questline yet, so idk. It's possible your talking with the wrong stewards because of that.
I believe the steward that allowed me to buy falkreath was an altmer female, Naniey? or something. Not sure who it is after imperial/stormcloak questline.

I'm already the thane but I didn't get a housecarl. Still can't get house.
---
p + w > 9000, where p is the power level and w is what the scouter said about it.
#15dyzePosted 9/4/2012 2:06:02 PM
Well then, if Nenya isn't giving you the option of Buying a House, i guess it is a glitch :-/

maybe try talking to the guards. possibly there's a small bounty on you that's keeping you from getting the option?