Let's compile a list of all adoptable children and potential stewards

#101geo_GASmanPosted 9/6/2012 5:49:35 AM
What about Hamish, the boy who's parents were killed at Helgen and he lives with his Grandpa on a mountain somewhere?
---
Deceit is a means to an end. Power is that end.
#102VasDeferensPosted 9/6/2012 6:29:32 AM(edited)
I guess he's not an orphan per se, since the game considers his grandfather as his new parent . If Froki should get killed, though, I wonder if he'll find his way to Honorhall Orphanage ?
---
Team Aela vs. Team Serana
#103laurencium(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 6:55:31 AM
VasDeferens posted...
I guess he's not an orphan per se, since the game considers his grandfather as his new parent . If Froki should get killed, though, I wonder if he'll find his way to Honorhall Orphanage ?

Sadly he won't (post #72 has the full list of adoptable kids), he just kind of stays in that shack saying the same stuff and remains unadoptable even if Froki is killed.
#104plasmaraptor92Posted 9/6/2012 7:06:33 AM
laurencium posted...
Since not much information is available now, let's join forces and try to put together a list of all adoptable kids and followers that can be turned into stewards. I think many will find such a list helpful, at least until the information is available on uesp and wikia. =)

ADOPTABLE CHILDREN

Here's a list I found:
Alesan - Dawnstar
Blaise - Katla's Farm
Francois Beaufort (boy) - Honorhall Orphanage
Hroar (boy) - Honorhall Orphanage
Lucia (girl) - Whiterun
Runa Fairshield (girl) - Honorhall Orphanage
Samuel (boy) - Honorhall Orphanage
Sofie (girl) - Windhelm
Britte - Rorikstead - IF Lemkil is dead.
Gralnach - Heartwood Mill - IF Grosta is dead. Earlier quest to find dead father may also be necessary.
Sissel - Rorikstead - IF Lemkil is dead.
Skuli - Old Hroldan - IF Eydis is dead.
Svari - Solitude - IF Addvar and Greta are dead.
Dorthe - Riverwood - IF Sigrid and Alvor are dead.

POTENTIAL STEWARDS

Argis the Bulwark - Markarth housecarl
Calder - Windhelm housecarl
Iona - Riften housecarl
Jordis the Sword-Maiden - Solitude housecarl
Lydia - Whiterun housecarl

To add to the lists, simply post the name of the child/follower you've found to be adoptable/stewardable. Even if the name is included in the above lists, feel free to confirm it. No one's really sure how credible these lists are. Also feel free to provide any additional information you want (any conditions? gender? race? possible glitches? etc etc).

I've only tested Lucia and Lydia so far, but yeah, they are confirmed.

0_o How many children can you adopt? By this I mean how many children can you have adopted at once? I also love how the three houses are in areas without a buyable house at first, but still no winterhold :(
#105laurencium(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 7:17:23 AM
Hey, so you can adopt at most two children in total. Also, there is an updated and much expanded list of adoptable children in post #72 (page 2 if you use display-50) that you should check out for more reliable and fully tested information.

Would've been nice if they added Winterhold too, but I guess you can think of the Arch-Mage's Quarter as your base there.
#106EvangalinePosted 9/6/2012 7:24:08 AM
laurencium posted...
VasDeferens posted...

Sadly he won't (post #72 has the full list of adoptable kids), he just kind of stays in that shack saying the same stuff and remains unadoptable even if Froki is killed.

That's the full list? I thought that was just what had been discovered so far
#107laurencium(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 7:43:30 AM
Evangaline posted...
laurencium posted...
VasDeferens posted...

That's the full list? I thought that was just what had been discovered so far

Pretty much. There aren't that many children in the game anyway. I've tested each and every one except for those that have parents who are essential NPCs (and thus can't ever get orphaned and adopted) and those who belong to clans (like Lars Battle-Born, not sure who need to die here).

The stewards list, however, is still very much a work-in-progress. There are a lot more followers than children and usually quests have to be done to actually get them to be a follower in the first place, making this a much harder problem.
#108laurencium(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2012 7:45:22 AM
Oh and just to be clear I'm referring to *the list in post #72*, NOT the list at the start of the topic (the one that plasmaraptor92 quoted). That one is way outdated.
#109mixedlionPosted 9/6/2012 8:30:17 AM
VexNoFace posted...
Wait wait... I thought someone said that marcurio was bugged.. and that even after accepting the steward job that he'd still go back to Riften or something

He'll offer to become steward but for me at least he wouldn't bring up a list (such as asking for additions to the house, hiring bards, etc...). He'll revert to his dialogue about offering to become a follower again, and after that just returns to Riften. So technically he's bugged.

And Khar'Jo is not recruitable (tried him last night).
---
Sequels I hope to see but probably will never be- Alpha Protocol 2, Jade Empire 2, Rumble Roses 3, Star Wars KOTOR 3, Arcanum 2, updated remake of Wizardry 8
#110NailbombPosted 9/6/2012 8:35:52 AM
TC, Ahtar should be in the No steward list.
---
I find it amusing that something a drunk person babbled at me is considered "common sense" by Dismind! - Brain Hammer