Pets in Hearthfire?

#1Arceus1234Posted 9/5/2012 5:07:20 PM
I don't have Hearthfire yet since I play on PC, but I heard about pets; are the pets new to this DLC or can you just take previous Dogs and get them to stay at your house?

I'm fine with either (Assuming I can make the Dawnguard Huskies pets and I'm not forced to have those other Dogs)
---
The official Milla Maxwell of all boards.
#2charon78auPosted 9/5/2012 5:09:19 PM
I heard that the regular dogs can be made into pets once your child asks if they can keep it.

Idk about the huskies or death hounds form Dawnguard.

The other thing is your child can bring home a wild animal and ask to keep it. My kid has a white fox that she found. I let her keep it. They run around the house together. It's kind of cool.
---
Dakka dakka, boom boom! I like fluffy pancakes and long walks on the beach.
GT: Charon78
#3IPLASTIKMANIPosted 9/5/2012 5:10:10 PM
I can confirm that you can bring the huskys over from dawngaurd. You have to have children first. once u have kids, bring the dog with you to the house and then your kid will talk to you about keeping him . your character will say " yes he can stay here when i dont need him". So then all you do is tell your dog to go back home and he will stay at your new house :) have fun
#4BendawizPosted 9/5/2012 5:10:35 PM
Your kids can find pet's.
---
XBL GT: PuReMcBuTtErZ
#5Jimmy_alfrayerPosted 9/5/2012 5:11:37 PM
charon78au posted...
I heard that the regular dogs can be made into pets once your child asks if they can keep it.

Idk about the huskies or death hounds form Dawnguard.

The other thing is your child can bring home a wild animal and ask to keep it. My kid has a white fox that she found. I let her keep it. They run around the house together. It's kind of cool.

A 'Fox'.
An actual fox!?

OMG
I can't wait to get hearthfire now, just for that.
in all seriousness I love foxes :')
#6Squad_DyslexiaPosted 9/5/2012 5:25:26 PM
My daughter Lucia brought home a fox but I haven't seen it since she asked to keep it.(I said she could keep it)
#7Squad_DyslexiaPosted 9/5/2012 7:27:35 PM
Found the fox -_-
it's stuck under the front steps. It pokes it's mouth out but cant move around. Just killed it. Hope she finds a new one .
"daddy, where did my fox go?"
"it ran away on official fox business"
#8Goku61394Posted 9/5/2012 7:31:08 PM
Squad_Dyslexia posted...
Found the fox -_-
it's stuck under the front steps. It pokes it's mouth out but cant move around. Just killed it. Hope she finds a new one .
"daddy, where did my fox go?"
"it ran away on official fox business"

The fox had to go save dinosaurs and a planet from exploding.
---
"What is Zapdos? Please don't spoil the game for me cuz I never completed the main quest." - halofan9912"
I believe in Jesus Christ
#9MetalgenesisPosted 9/5/2012 7:37:40 PM
Can you get a pet mudcrab?
---
In a battle of idiocy, the first to walk away wins.
#10DainbowRashPosted 9/5/2012 7:38:21 PM
Metalgenesis posted...
Can you get a pet mudcrab?

Yupp, my kid brought one home.
---
Gamefaqs should be your home, if happiness and friendship isn't your thing.
Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria....